Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,721 to 3,740 of 5,675

TraCuz-

@colonelkilgore Hit me with a GoT update!

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

colonelkilgore

@TraCuz- I did (try) to tag you earlier… got your name wrong though sorry dude. I’ll tag you with the post shortly 👍

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@TraCuz- I have a feeling you may not get the alert as I messed your name up again (that dash at the end), so I’ll put it here in a direct reply:

Just finished the story of Ghost of Tsushima, bit of mopping up to do for the Platinum but done a big chunk of it during my play through… magnificent game. Probably one of my favourites of all time and I will definitely play the Directors Cut in the future.
@TraCuz @Thrillho @Jimmer-jammer just to echo the great things you guys have previously mentioned about GoT… I frikkin’ loved it! Will be a bit sad when the Plat pops actually. I’d place it there or thereabouts in my top 5 games ever.
Also, I couldn’t help but feel some narrative and thematic similarities to Batman Begins and The Dark Knight while playing it… maybe it’s just me as I love those films so much but Jin reminds me a lot of Nolan’s Batman… though he obviously kills a helluva lot more baddies.

[Edited by colonelkilgore]

**** DLC!

TraCuz-

@colonelkilgore What?! You finished already?! I thought you might pace yourself like you normally do, but this must've grabbed you! Such an amazing game!

Top moments:
Opening Sequence - Title Card Reveal - Seeing how vast the skill trees are - That flashback with Uncle Shimura when you 1st assassinate - First Haiku - First mythical ability - Seeing Jin and Yuna develop - Grappling into Castle Shimura - First time you Slaughter a captain and enter Ghost Stance - Taka's Death - When Jin solidifies his persona as Ghost when he poisons the camp - How broken Jin is escaping with his dying horse - Decapitating Khan - Final Showdown with Uncle - The choice at the end!!

Sorry for the format of this but I couldn't figure out how to do it another way, you gotta let me know what you chose!

[Edited by TraCuz-]

Currently Playing:

colonelkilgore

@TraCuz- probably the second one involving Taka but all three (& others) were awesome.

I finished it relatively quickly as I’ve been off work this week… I normally only get to game once per week on Wednesday. Still got some stuff left to do though.

**** DLC!

TraCuz-

@colonelkilgore I'm sorry I should've specified, I meant What choice did you make at the end

Currently Playing:

colonelkilgore

@TraCuz- ahh, sorry dude… I may have no honour… but I would never kill my family 😎

**** DLC!

TraCuz-

@colonelkilgore Same here!! And the creator already said that its the canon decision if the game continues. Not gonna lie that was some very memorable writing. I'll remember it for the rest of my days. "You have no honor" "And you are a slave to it!" Amazing stuff.

Currently Playing:

colonelkilgore

@TraCuz- agreed bud, imho it’s as good as any writing I’ve witnessed in a game. I was a little surprised actually as I’d heard it was a bit tropey and that Jin was one-dimensional. I thought the opposite though, I didn’t see tropes but homage to the heritage and as I alluded to earlier Jin was Nolan-esque.

[Edited by colonelkilgore]

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Ah man, seeing your and @TraCuz- comments brings back awesome memories of the game. It really did have some epic moments. The gameplay was quite fantastic too. But the star of the whole thing was that beautiful art design. Lovely and just so mesmerizing to play. Following the wind never got old.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution yeah just a total package of excellence. You’re totally right about the art design too, something that imho is so much more important than resolution and frames per second. That’s (one of the reasons) where Sony first parties are so already of the game… with the exception of Rockstar. These games might well be running on an archaic 1 t-flop Jaguar powered trip back to 2013… but GoT, God of War, Horizon: Zero Dawn and Death Stranding dropped more jaws than Marilyn Monroe in her pomp.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution just installing A Plague Tale: Innocence (or as I like to call it innocence: A Plague Tale😉). I wasn’t particularly close to playing it anytime soon but what with your positive thoughts on it… and I was kinda worried that if I upgraded to the PS5 version it may lock me out of the PS4 version (a remnant of paranoia from the Mary-Jane fuelled haze of decades past). So I’m gonna play the PS4 version I already had… and then upgrade to the PS5 version post-plat and play that when I fancy a retread.

Everyone seems to love it so, looking forward to it.

**** DLC!

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@colonelkilgore I have investigated it, but not fully enough (I've moved our chat here in the interest of remaining 'on-topic'). How are you finding it thus far? (A Plague Tale)

"I think the best art doesn’t preach the truth, but encourages viewers to discover what truth is on their own." - Shinique Smith

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman not started it yet as I wanted to mop up the GoT plat this morning first. It’s installing though, so I’ll be starting it soon.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Cool. I hope I didn’t oversell APT:I. Especially since I haven’t even finished it. But my patience paid off — that is, when the news of the PS5 upgrade dropped a few weeks ago, I just put my playthrough on hold, hoping they’d have a cross-save feature to port your PS4 save into the PS5 version and sure enough, the latest patch supposedly put in cross-save. So I’m good to just jump back into the game on PS5. Supposedly trophies auto pop so if I really wanted the trophies then it would be better to just finish the game on PS4 and then port the save afterwards for the free extra platinum (assuming I’m able to get the plat - which I hope to do since it’s supposedly easy) but I reckon I’ll just play the last half of the game on PS5 instead for all the 4K, 60 fps, and haptic goodness. The save transfer does also appear to go the other way, so maybe I could port the save back to PS4 if I really want to close out the partial trophy list on PS4. We’ll see how vain I end up being. (It does wrangle my obsessive-compulsive tendencies to have a partial trophy list when I could complete it easily)

But yes — the save transfer supposedly takes a little effort, something about uploading to the cloud and then re-downloading it when you start up the PS5 version. So unlike Xbox smart transfer process, you won’t accidentally lose the ability to play the PS5 version from scratch as you have to go through some intentional steps to port the save. So you’re good either way, whichever version you choose to play first. Excited to hear how you like running through rat-infested medieval France.

Which by the way, I am curious how an Englishman interprets the game. As an American I don’t have any direct vested interest in The Hundred Years War or any of the nationalist feelings that surrounded it. Obviously the game has a pretty specific depiction going on. I hope it sets well with you!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

Th3solution wrote:

@colonelkilgore … how an Englishman interprets the game…

As a Welshman that is an extremely deep and painful wound Sol… it might take me a while to come back from this one! 🤢🤮🤕

**** DLC!

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Voltan I completed Control this morning, great game I felt sorry for Dylan /'P6' being left to his ultimate fate of a coma with very little to none of his original personality retained, but hey, as @Th3solution said, "dude was flat out creepy" 🤣 I like the way you could approach a sort of new game plus afterwards, with all the different options for progression set out for you.

"I think the best art doesn’t preach the truth, but encourages viewers to discover what truth is on their own." - Shinique Smith

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore 😅 Oh no! My New World ignorance is really showing! Pardon my naivety of the United Kingdom and her factions. 😬
I should say “British” or “resident of Great Britain” ….? Y’all have a complicated set up over there! (He says, knowing that he lives in a country with 50 different regional districts which each have their own culture and identity… 😅)

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Th3solution I'm British as well! How's Returnal going?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic