Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,741 to 3,760 of 5,675

TraCuz-

@JechtUltima Dude Red Dead is so amazing. Arthur, Sadie, and Charles are some of my favorite characters in all of video games!

Side note: Did you change pic from Cloud to Jin?

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

TraCuz-

@Th3solution Yeah that art design is killer, not to mention that it included one of the best photo modes in the entire industry!

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution yeah Britain is like the anti-Scandinavia… a group of closely knit countries that share a whole bucket-load of culture and similarities. The only difference being, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland & Iceland seem to get on fine with each other 🤣

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore @nessisonett I guess I’m guilty of the laziness of just lumping everything into being “English” or “England” especially historically speaking. Maybe similar to people (ourselves included) calling us all “Americans” when they really mean citizens on the United States, since in reality every nation in North and South America are actually “Americans”.

But we have it the same over here — 50
united states that all hate each other. 😜
Well at least the red states hate the blue states, and vice versa. And then everyone hates California. Even the people that live there 😂

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution yeah humankind is still incredibly tribal eh… I guess Ozymnadias was right all along when he suggested that the only thing that would unite us is a giant one-eyed cosmic octopus huh? 😜

So, I’ve made a start on A Plague Tale: Innocence… haven’t gotten as much done as I’d have liked as I’ve had visitors and such but just started the 6th chapter. It’s good. Wasn’t convinced at first as the controls seem a little ‘flighty’ (they still seem a little flighty if I’m honest) but the mechanic involving rats and flame is well implemented and it’s drawn me in. Good story too… dark and gruesome, yet touching and poignant.

There’s certainly a lot of things that would raise a few red flags if it were triple-A but it’s understandable considering its indie production status. Speaking of which… and I know I’m gonna be controversial here (what’s new though) imho we need to use completely different gauge’s when judging triple-AAA’s and indies. Now I know reviews aren’t the be-all, end-all but they do serve the purpose of helping ‘separate the wheat from the chaff’. I just got done with Ghost of Tsushima which averaged out an 8(ish) from critics and similarly A Plague Tale: Innocence averaged out around the same. I’ve always understood it to be a different reviewing criteria between the two types of production but I personally am not sure it’s made clear enough for the layperson. Just my two-cents.

[Edited by colonelkilgore]

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Glad you’re enjoying it. Yeah, I hadn’t even thought about the fact you’d be playing immediately on the heels of GoT so there will be a let down of sorts, clearly. So yes — you’re correct I think when saying you need to take it all it context. It’s like watching the latest Star Trek movie after watching 2001: A Space Odyssey. They are both good films but you have to judge each on its own and it’s own situation, and so it makes it tricky to assign scores.

Games like GoT, GoW, RDR2, HZD, Zelda, Final Fantasy… some of these are just in a league of their own and so epic in nature. The shorter indie AA scene does feel differently and so has to be consumed with that in mind. Yet, some of my favorite experiences have been in the indie and AA space.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution yeah in fairness I havent played a ton of indies but I agree... its kinda like reviewing street food and a la carte. There is some absolutely beautiful street food and I certainly enjoy me some street food... but sitting down and enjoying a 3 Michelin star dining experience is another level.

I am gonna make a concerted effort to rota in more indies in future though. I have quite a few in the backlog anyway but I'm always on the look out for more. As well as genre and time-to-plat, production type is another good differential to keep things fresh.

[Edited by colonelkilgore]

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman @colonelkilgore (moved from the other thread) Yeah, curious to hear about Deus Ex: Mankind Divided since I actually have it in my library from PS+ and just have never thought to try it. I’ve never played anything from the series. So let me know how it goes.

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Th3solution @colonelkilgore I didn't like what I played of it, controls weren't as accurate as in Control, it's an FPS though, not third-person, although you have the option to play it that way but doesn't really work in my opinion, plus I didn't really like the computer hacking elements of the game, deleted almost immediately, now installing Return of the Obra Dinn, I think I'll stick with that one. Deus Ex was just bought on a whim.(£3.74 in the sale)

"I think the best art doesn’t preach the truth, but encourages viewers to discover what truth is on their own." - Shinique Smith

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman I just bought it… and rebought Human Revolution. Have absolutely no idea when (or even if) I’ll get to play them but they’ll be there if I fancy them.

@Th3solution they may not appeal to you buddy, they’re what’s called an immersive sim (in fact I think the original Deus Ex may indeed have spawned the genre) and it’s this game type which Dishonoured is considered part of. Still, they might be worth a go just to see for yourself.

**** DLC!

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@colonelkilgore Well let me know how you get on with it and if you like it better than I did - I just started RotOD, seems like a pleasant and charming little game, I'll be sure to keep you and @Th3solution posted on my progress.

"I think the best art doesn’t preach the truth, but encourages viewers to discover what truth is on their own." - Shinique Smith

JohnnyShoulder

TheIdleCritic wrote:

Playing A Plague Tale, thanks to PS+. My God, Hugo is annoying. Thank the heavens I didn't pay for this.

@TheIdleCritic Replying to you here instead of the Chit Chat thread, as I know a few people have or will play it recently.

I agree Hugo is a bit annoying initially, but I think that was maybe intentional by the developers. He does become less annoying the more the game goes on I felt though.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder @TheIdleCritic 😂 Poor Hugo. Don’t hate on the sad little guy. It’s like kicking a puppy.

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Th3solution @colonelkilgore Still playing through RotOD and I don't think it's spoilering anything to say I have seen my first death scene and am just trying to piece the clues together, that's how it works in this game as any info on the web will tell you.

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Th3solution @colonelkilgore (You have to piece the clues together to discover how everyone died on the ship 'Obra Dinn') in order to complete the game.

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman detective style then… sounds like a nice change of pace. Easy to piece the clues together appreciate are you finding any walls to progression?

**** DLC!

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@colonelkilgore Detective style indeed. No walls really, it seems fairly simple so far. How is A Plague Tale going?

[Edited by BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN]

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@colonelkilgore And yeah it is a nice change of pace, very relaxing thus far, especially with the 1-bit monochrome art-style, I can see why so many Souls players love it as a nice side-game.

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman yeah A Plague Tale was really good actually, finished off the story (which was excellent) yesterday and gonna finish up the plat this afternoon. If you do try it you might not be that keen for the first few chapters but it really does pick up. It’s dark, gruesome and the puzzle-like sections of the later areas are quite satisfying.

**** DLC!

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Kidfried Currently playing through Return of the Obra Dinn. Well, that Giant Squid was certainly a bit of a surprise! I am now in the cargo hold, no fates solved, planning to solve them all after discovering all the bodies

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic