Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,741 to 2,760 of 3,671

LtSarge

Got Assassin's Creed: Mirage one day early. Played the opening hour and it's pretty good so far! It feels like traditional AC but it also feels more modern. I noticed that you can run while crawling and you can even slide. It just feels great to play! Can't wait to sink my teeth into this game. I've been dying to play something new for a while now.

[Edited by LtSarge]

LtSarge

BeyondKnight

Started Evil West, it reminds of DarkWatch on the PS2 and it has that steampunk aesthetic

[Edited by BeyondKnight]

Xbox Gamer Tag: RipperKnight

Voltan

@BeyondKnight I liked DarkWatch a lot! Kinda forgot about Evil West tbh but it looked pretty good.

Voltan

BeyondKnight

@Voltan It's better than I expected and definitely recommend it

Hooder

Still playing through FF16

What a game!

some slow bits but it more than makes up for it.

I've got a copy of Fate/Samurai Remnant on the way as a birthday present! haha

Hooder

Thrillho

Inscryption up to challenge level 8 on Kaycee’s mod now. The mantis god starter deck is kind of overpowered, particularly if you can get the flying sigil on it, but I don’t care. Quite fun playing around with other decks though.

Thrillho

Thrillho

@AgentCooper Yeah, I went for a slightly bland intelligent, arty, communist on my play through and it was fun but the scope for going for an extreme personality is quite tempting. A paranormal run sounds like it could be fun too.

The only thing I’d say to you is that the “jamais vu” thought cabinet upgrade is one of the best to get as it gives you XP for every orb you hit. It almost feels like cheating though as it made my guy a bit OP by the end as he had such high skills across the board that he could pass most checks with the right clothing boosts.

Thrillho

BeyondKnight

Finished Evil West, it was better than I thought and now playing Sonic Frontiers

Hooder

@Kidfried
Can't recall how many hours..

but I know I'm about 65% through the main story

I've looked and the game is about 40 to 45 hours on an average playthrough.

Hooder

Voltan

Played a bit of AC Mirage
Stealth being the focus again feels great, turns out I really missed that in the series.
The city looks good and the density allows to stay on rooftops a lot of the time, which is also welcome, I definitely missed that in Valhalla.

On the downside , voice acting is mostly not great, the brief dialogue with shopkeepers and other npc feels super awkward.
Also, sword combat feels kinda janky so far but there hasn't been a lot of it and I imagine it improves when you unlock some skills.

Voltan

LtSarge

@Voltan Sword combat definitely doesn't feel as satisfying as with the open world games like Odyssey. It feels like I'm trying to hit the enemies with toothpicks.

As a whole, Mirage absolutely feels like a budget game. But that's because it is a budget game, especially when considering the price point. So I'm not that bothered about its shortcomings. You get what you pay for.

LtSarge

Max_Headroom

@Voltan

Voltan wrote:

Played a bit of AC Mirage
Stealth being the focus again feels great, turns out I really missed that in the series.
The city looks good and the density allows to stay on rooftops a lot of the time, which is also welcome, I definitely missed that in Valhalla.

Totally agree I don't see any AC fans being dissapointed

Max_Headroom

Gamer83

@Max_Headroom
I think those who prefer the Origins, Odyssey, Valhalla playstyle will be disappointed but I've been waiting for the return of the old-school AC since Syndicate. I like Origins a lot but the follow ups were too long and I got tired of the way they were structured. Still in the early parts of the game but it's off to a great start.

Gamer83

MaulTsir

Just finished the Saiyan saga on DBZ Kakarot now on to that pesky Frieza!

Enjoying the game, quite a basic action RPG but if your a fan of Dragon Ball or action games then you'd probably like it.

MaulTsir

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@MaulTsir I remember Frieza was quite the formidable arch nemesis in the anime, good luck with that boss ,let me know how you get on.

"I think the best art doesn’t preach the truth, but encourages viewers to discover what truth is on their own." - Shinique Smith

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

Still grinding in DeS, on to End now after leveling up Str, Vit & Magic as far as I want to with them, after End is done I'm on to Int and then I can actually start playing the game properly with my op build. I'm not that skilled at these games any more now that I'm a bit older, so op builds are really the only option for me. Planning to employ similar cheese tactics for a second playthrough of TW3 and then a first proper playthrough of Nioh after that. Also got Jedi Survivor on the horizon and Black Myth Wukong once it comes out.

"I think the best art doesn’t preach the truth, but encourages viewers to discover what truth is on their own." - Shinique Smith

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman Sounds like fun! And sounds like you have a stellar lineup of games ahead of you! I’m looking forward to eventually playing Jedi Survivor. I noticed you started the Cyberpunk thread. Have you played it yet? If not, do you intend to?

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Jimmer-jammer Hey man, thanks for mentioning me. I also mentioned you in the Music Thread with some rock-like free jazz guitar stuff, including a track I did myself inspired by it - be grateful if you could check in there and let me know what you think. I assume the post didn't register on your profile for some reason.

It is a good roster of games, definitely souls-like, but not souls, as I intend to make DeS my final Souls game as they all appear to be getting harder and deviating from the original core formula. (I've already beaten & loved DkS, DkS III & Bloodborne, some of them more than once, and some of the dlc bosses for a couple of them, so I have had my fill, aside from DeS). Less interested in Elden Ring with it's wide open spaces and DkS II just wasn't for me.

Also, with regard to Cyberpunk, I did start the thread but was put off by launch issues that were widely reported by the community - I may play it now those issue have been worked out, but I currently have no desire to play a shooter, even though I am aware there is at least one type of 'sword' in the game. Is that what you're playing right now?

Best,
TBS

[Edited by BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN]

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman Yeah, I suppose the formula is always evolving, isn’t it? At least you’ll be going out on a high note. I thought Bluepoint did a phenomenal job with Demon’s Souls Remake. The atmosphere is exceptional. In Latria, the hopelessness emanates from their cold, steely confines. I could almost smell the decay in the air, taste the brimstone. It’s really an audio/visual treat. I absolutely love Elden Ring but each to their own. I can appreciate that there is a particular magic to the earlier output that has perhaps been lost.

I am playing Cyberpunk again, yes. It’s in the best shape it’s ever been in and if/when you get to it, you’re in for a treat (and there is definitely much more to play with than one sword on that front)! It’s recently had me up far later than I have any right to be.

As you thought, I don’t believe I was notified about your post in the music thread so I’ll check that out next. Cheers!

[Edited by Jimmer-jammer]

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Ravix

Picked up FF16 for the first time in quite a while last night, because I'll need to finish it at some point, and was having a small break from BG3. Surprisingly easy to get back into. I was trying, on more than one occasion, to adjust the camera to a more tactical view whilst running to objectives though 😅 but I managed to beat Bahamut well enough. The only issue was it was quite late and I wanted to stop after the fight, but there was about 20 minutes of cutscenes and I don't think it saved, so I had to sit there and wait 😅

When it seems you're out of luck.
There's just one man who gives a f*************ck
⚔️🛡🐎

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic