Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,681 to 3,692 of 3,692

Kraven

I’m finally about to finish Ys 9, and wrap up the platinum trophy. I have Astro Bot lined up next, but also can’t wait for El Paso, Elsewhere to release Friday. I’ve also been playing Vampire Survivors and it’s just as addicting as it was last year. It’s hard to put the game down, and I think the sound design has a huge role to play in that. It is so satisfying to listen to damage because inflicted on enemies, particularly with garlic.

Kraven

LtSarge

Gave the Metaphor demo a go. Played it for an hour and it's awesome. Heavily reminiscent of Persona but still has its own identity. Unsure if I'll get it at launch since I'm trying to avoid buying games but I definitely want to play it eventually.

LtSarge

Voltan

@LtSarge does it have any time constraint mechanics like Persona? because that's what puts me off of that series.

Voltan

LtSarge

@Voltan I only played it for an hour but it does have a calendar system like Persona. But that doesn't mean that there are time constraint mechanics as it could just be information. So unfortunately, I can't give you a clear answer.

@Yousef- The demo is based on the prologue so I don't think you'll be able to do other stuff besides the story. The entire hour I played was only story.

LtSarge

LtSarge

@Yousef- What I meant was that I don't think you'll get "free time" so to speak to do side stuff or explore the world. You'll be going through the story, which includes walking around in areas and dungeons as well as engaging in combat.

LtSarge

Kraven

I finally got the platinum for Ys IX. I can’t wait for Ys X, but in the meantime I will probably play a few shorter games. Astro Bot and the new Legend of Zelda is calling my name.

Kraven

Bentleyma

@Voltan I just finished the demo and it does have time constraints very similar to Persona. Near the end of the demo you have 10 days to finish a dungeon to progress the story. Failing that will result in a game over. The demo ends before the 10 days are up. I didn't see any social interaction with other characters, but you can do activities and requests that will progress time.

@Kraven You are in for a treat with Astro Bot. It's such a joyous game.

[Edited by Bentleyma]

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

JohnnyShoulder

@Voltan Same here. I really like the art style for Persona 5, but I was put off by the time constraints and social elements in the game.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Pranwell

I too have been dabbling in the Metaphor demo. I have a different quibble - why the fixed minimap, with no option to have it rotating when turning? This method always leaves me a little disorientated when moving forward and the map move sideways rather than the more usual rotating to face ahead with the character.

Other than that, I've enjoyed the gameplay to a point but I'm grateful for the demo because I don't think it will be a day one now, possibly one for a sale later.

[Edited by Pranwell]

Pranwell

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic