Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,701 to 3,720 of 3,798

SixShootinRonin

I normally play 3 or 4 games at a time. I'm quite the psyco.

Alan Wake 2
Final Fantasy 7 Remake (PS5)
Ghost Of Tsushima

I've beat Alan Wake 2. Currenlty playing the DLC. Looking forward to The LAke House DLC.

Death Stranding and Silen Hill 2 are next up.

[Edited by SixShootinRonin]

SixShootinRonin

PSN: SixShootinRonin

LN78

5 hours into a hard mode, plasma cutter only run on "Dead Space". It's a fantastic game - on balance I think I prefer it to the "RE4" remake.

LN78

sorteddan

@LN78
I've been playing and loving it also. Just normal skill level for me though. Is that your first play through that you're doing it on?

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

LN78

@sorteddan No - this is my second playthrough of the remake and third or fourth total - I played the original on the 360 in the way back when.

LN78

Yousef-

@LN78 funny, were playing different 360 horror remakes yet we both preferred it over RE4R. In my case it was Dead Rising.

How to reach me out: 👇👇👇👇
Discord: yousef. (All lowercase with fullstop at the end)
Bluesky: yousef7
Email: [email protected] (don’t worry, it’s my non-private email for chatter)
PSN: Kat170499
You can contact me just to say hi.

PSN: Kat170499

N1ghtW1ng

I'm currently playing the following two games at the moment:

• Don't Starve
  • Pure Pool

Both games are ancient (Don't Starve was a launch or near-launch title for the PS4).

I find these games fit well in my schedule at the moment. Due to university, I don't have a lot of time to invest in more recent (and much more deep) games. With the above, I can quickly play a frame of snooker or get through an entire day in Don't Starve.

I'm currently in my first winter in Don't Starve, and as expected, I didn't prepare for it at all. I'm going to die soon but it's a lesson learned for the next run.

With Pure Pool, I'm playing through the Snooker DLC and I've actually really enjoyed snooker and the strategy and tactics behind it. I've still got to play through the Master (no aiming sight/line) for the 8-Ball and 9-Ball careers in the base game.

Once university is over, I can continue my playthrough of Yakuza: Like A Dragon. I think I'm about halfway through the game but I haven't played it since July so I'll need to watch some YouTube videos to recap the story so far.

Performance > Resolution
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

PSN: Ra33z_19

sorteddan

@LN78
Well that's reassuring. I thought maybe I was doing it the cowardly way by just trying to survive in normal! Just hit the five hour marker myself and currently noodling around in chapter 4. I will make it my mission to stamp on everything I see, be it friend or foe, aboard this big bloody spaceship. Absolutely adore the atmosphere of this game.
I'm generally a bit down on the current eta of remaking and remastering everything but when it's a game I loved from 15-20 years ago and I get to do it all again then I guess it does have it's upside.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

revansgc

'The Casting of Frank Stone' and 'Timesplitters'.

I'm loving the storytelling in 'The Casting of Frank Stone' AND to explore all new outcomes.
'Timesplitters'? Well, I had amazing fun with 'Timesplitters: Future Perfect' back in the old days. (I made levels, played with friends and just.. laughed a lot! So I had to try these games now.

revansgc

Khwarezm89

Finally beaten Black Myth: WuKong and I still can't believe I played the actual game because I remember when I saw the first trailer I told myself that this will never release as this is basically was my experience with Chinese games so far.

The game was really good and I enjoyed the most parts of it. Some chapters were really annoying - Yes Chapter 3 - and others were really great like 2 and 4.

Most of the bosses wasn't really that hard but there are some bosses that I spent few nights trying to beat them.

Overall I highly recommend it.

Khwarezm89

PSN: Khwarezm_89 | Twitter:

Th3solution

I finally booted up Balatro. I had purchased it with store credit a couple months ago and intended to try it as a Portal game to play while watching football. I’m happy to report that it fits the bill perfectly. The initial hour or so has a learning curve as so does require some concentration to get the hang of its mechanics and systems, but after a while it’s a fantastic game to play on the portable device while watching TV, as it doesn’t require your full attention or the need to listen to dialogue. And yet, it’s fun and satisfying to play. If you don’t have a history of playing Poker, then your mileage may vary.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Tjuz

@revansgc As someone who's spent an ungodly amount of hours in Dead by Daylight, I gotta say I was so disappointed in the game that I actually ended up dropping it probably halfway through. It just didn't grab me at all and the first few hours were so incredibly slow with barely anything of note happening. I'm glad to hear you were able to get a kick out of it, though! Does it get better as it goes along? The last thing I remember seeing is Chris getting sucked into what I assumed to be the Entity's realm, and in my co-op playthough my friend made the wrong decision and killed off Jamie at that point.

Tjuz

Kraven

I preordered the Deluxe Edition of Silent Hill 2 Remake. I’ll be playing that later this evening when I get off work. I have never played a Silent Hill game before despite having a PS1 and 2 and actually owning them as a kid. This should be a very interesting jump into the franchise and I can’t wait.

Kraven

revansgc

@Tjuz It does get better (esp. regarding the action/pacing), though if the characters, lore and story didn't intrigue you enough the first few chapters, I highly doubt it you'll get anything from the late chapters. Though, you're a DbD player... so I would def try to finish the game (it's pretty short), just so you can see a bit of the connection/lore that transfers from that game.

revansgc

Maubari

Well, I just locked myself out of a trophy for Epic Mickey Rebrushed, by Thinning one of the later bosses.. when I should've used Paint, and only paint from the very beginning, which I had done - until that boss. Oops

Maubari

Tjuz

@revansgc Ah, that's a real shame then. I was hoping it'd eventually take a turn that would recontextualize the whole game or the like and possibly give the characters some more depth. I will say my actual interest in the Dead by Daylight lore is fairly limited and comes more so from my friends mentioning things about it, so I don't think that passing interest would be enough to pull me back either. I'm glad it all worked for you however! Did you manage to keep everyone alive and make mostly good choices on your first playthrough? My personal record with Supermassive games is... spotty (bad).

Tjuz

revansgc

@Tjuz Hahaha, I just followed my heart regarding choices. Only one person died in my initial playthrough. It's def more forgiving when making "mistakes". Only one death (imo) isn't obvious, the rest are easy enough in keeping them alive.

revansgc

Bentleyma

Currently playing through both Silent Hill 2 and Until Dawn. Enjoying them both quite a lot. I was a bit hesitant to buy Until Dawn at full price, but I'm glad I did. I haven't played the original since it was released back in 2015 and I'd forgotten how good it is.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Kraven

I am making my way through Silent Hill 2 Remake. I’m about four hours in, and it’s okay so far.

Kraven

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

Did some lite farming in Elden Ring this morning, in addition to some minor exploration and got the Whetblade Knife and my first Ash of War. I have applied it to my Longsword in order to imbue it with the propensity to inflict greater damge on my computer-generated foes.

Edit: 34 Str now

Edit II: Got my Longsword up to +3 this morning and acquire the Missionary Cookbook. Starting to feel op for the lesser enemies in Limgrave already.

Edit III: 35 Str now, I believe.

Edit IV: Forgot to say I also got the Lone Wolf Spirit Ashes and Spirit Summoning Bell from the corresponding NPC!

[Edited by BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN]

"(Music is) a purposeless play. This play, however, is an affirmation of life" (paraphrased) - John Cage

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Kraven

I just reached the Clock Room in Silent Hill 2. This game is gross in the best possible way. I’ve had a brief encounter with the iconic Pyramid Head and it was intense. There are some interesting moments beforehand, where if you pay enough attention, you can spot this enemy behind bars, being very still. I’m very curious to see how all of this plays out.

Kraven

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic