Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 381 to 400 of 2,320

nessisonett

@Ralizah Speaking of huns, hopefully all this means marching season will be cancelled this year. At least one positive thing would come out of the coronavirus mess.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Gremio108

I kind of feel like closing schools isn't the best idea. We're told that the elderly are the ones most at risk, but if parents are working all day, who ends up looking after the kids? Poor old granny and grandad.

I'm halfway through a week off work purely because I needed to use up the holiday hours or I'd lose them. If the kids end up being off next week and I'm not about that would be annoying!

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Octane

@kyleforrester87 The limit doesn't apply to imaginary people, so you're fine. Go ride that bicycle and spread some more corona throughout London!

@Ralizah Yeah, and this won't be the late time. Unfortunately when people realise the world is F'ed 50 years from now due to long term droughts, mass immigration and flooding it's already too late.

Octane

Genrou

My biggest concern with everything shutting down like sport events, business etc. Is how this is going to effect our already shaky economy.

Genrou

Gremio108

@Octane It just got me thinking, because my father in law is ill and if my wife weren't around during the next couple of weeks they'd have to look after the kids if schools get cancelled.

Make the schools 24 hour, that's the way forward. Keep all the kids in one place, where they can't infect their grandparents. Although I'm not sure @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy would like this idea.

[Edited by Gremio108]

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

themcnoisy

@Ralizah For the last 10 days I have been banging the do something now drum. I stocked up 2 weeks of food, tins, uht milk etc over the last couple of weeks. It was obvious once South Korea and Australias cases came and we started to ferry the sick this was going global.

To most people here it was Nope. It was much ado about nothing. A case of the flu which will be gone in a few weeks.

Today in work you have people panicking, I have a cough, what do I do etc. One of my staff has a hacking cough, so I had a meeting about coronavirus after sending her home for a week initially. I talked about social isolation within the premises and it was met with laughter, showed them the pictures from wuhan on the projector. Sat at my desk just cracking on and simply phoned our main payroll accountant and asked him if it's possible he worked from home for a few weeks. Ive already arranged with my mums care home I won't be visiting for the next 6 weeks and took her loads of stuff last week. If one of my wife or I gets ill, I've planned for my sister in law, mother in law or our relatives in the countrysids to take in and isolate my middle 2 kids. I've bought board games, make it at home cake kits and have a spare couple of xbox vouchers for the boys.

CLOSED CASES

Cases which had an outcome:
68,900 (93%)
Recovered / Discharged

4,970 (7%)
Deaths

The Death rate hasn't gone down. Its actually gone up. Fail to prepare and you are preparing to fail. If you still think its being overblown you won't in 2 weeks time.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

JohnnyShoulder

@WanderingBullet Turns out you could be right, Mikel Arteta, the Arsenal manager has tested positive for coronavirus.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Jaz007

@KratosMD Yeah, I’m doing online schooling so things will be the same for me. Schools around me are shutting down too, so I’m glad I was already doing the online.
In other news, all of my Church’s meetings have been suspended until further notice. Which makes given there a good number of old people in attendance.
My job (Wal-mart) is also going to let people call out infinitely without getting pointed for a while. This getting crazy.
Considering hospitals in Italy can’t take care of people who come in with heart attacks given they are already above max capacity action does need to be taken though. People will doe not directly from the virus, but because it prevents them from getting proper care for their ailments.

Jaz007

Octane

@KratosMD Children don't really get sick from it. Sending them all home causes more problems.

Octane

WanderingBullet

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, the news I saw did mentioned that they were gonna postponed Arsenal's matches for two weeks after some of the players along some of the club’s staff, were confirmed to have been in close proximity to the Olympiakos and Nottingham Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis when the sides met last month. Evangelos Marinakis had contracted the virus.

La Liga matches too have been suspended for two weeks, btw.

[Edited by WanderingBullet]

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Ralizah

lol It's like every day now, I'm reading about how the US stock market is seeing its worst plunge in history. I expect tomorrow's plunge to be the new Worst Plunge Ever. All this despite the Fed injecting a reported 1.5 TRILLION dollars to try and stabilize things.

Italy just saw another surge of 189 dead today. It's already on track to eclipse China's death total, which makes me think the conspiracies about China lying about their numbers and incinerating vast numbers of bodies weren't totally off-base.

Large sections of Spain are going on lockdown.

Amazing how much chaos this thing has caused in a couple of short months.

[Edited by Ralizah]

Currently Playing: Fields of Mistria (PC); Cookie Clicker (PC); Metaphor: ReFantazio demo (PC)

Ugh. Men.

PSN: Ralizah

Genrou

@Ralizah The only reason it's causing so much chaos is because of how gullible and stupid people are and how the media are playing them like fools.

More people die from hunger a day then this flu bug. The only people who are dieing are elderly people and people with weak immune system.

Bottom line people are just stupid this day and age

Genrou

Jaz007

@LN78 No, even if you don’t have decent healthcare and you’re young and healthy you’re likely to fight it off. China has made up enough of the statistics and they people there are poor enough to show that. That being said, it does seem like people are writing all the older people dying like a non-issue a bit? Or ignoring how there are countries like Italy where hospitals are so full they can’t give the care people who come in with heart attacks need, putting their life in jeopardy. The flu hardly causes that. and we have the flu shot, which makes it less dangerous since we can fight it better. For a young person could the symptoms theoretically not be as bad as the flu? Sure, but ignoring all the other factors about why this is currently more dangerous than the flu overall is a terrible idea. Mass panic is never a good idea, that’s the bottom line about that issue.. Acknowledging the problems and ramifications of it and taking appropriate action is. Part of the reason for the lockdowns isn’t so people won’t eventually get it, but so hospitals can take care of people as it happens slower and not all at once.

Jaz007

JohnnyShoulder

@WanderingBullet That is still not true. Arsenal's matches were still going ahead after that, it was only the Man City match in the week that was postponed, not for two weeks. It was only after last night's news that tomorrows match was postponed.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

flipsee

Here in Australia an 8 month old and a school boy have been diagnosed with it recently. "Children don't really get sick from it" Is extremely out of touch.

flipsee

phil_j

flipsee wrote:

Here in Australia an 8 month old and a school boy have been diagnosed with it recently. "Children don't really get sick from it" Is extremely out of touch.

Children can catch the virus, but the emperical evidence shows that the vast majority don't get sick, or even show symptoms.

phil_j

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.