Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 661 to 680 of 2,320

Jaz007

@Ralizah It’s a politicians job to always be around people, they can’t really isolate, so they kind of need a higher priority test.

Jaz007

R1spam

Interesting info coming from Germany and S. Korea about loss of smell (anosmia) being an early sign and an indicator of COVID19. Between 1 in 2 and 1 in 3 of even asymptomatic infections have this feature. Ironic as that would be the only time you want to shop in a second hand game shop! Stay safe people

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

Ryall

All nonemergency work this week has been cancelled for us.

Ryall

Gremio108

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Don't worry about it, we're running low on eggs anyway! There are a lot of things like that around. Butter is another one people say to treat burns with (don't by the way). If we listened to everyone them first aid would be more like a cookery class.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Gremio108

@Ralizah I'll admit it does sound like a half-baked stand up routine. Believe it or not, it's not even the first time I've had to put out someone on fire! Much scarier when it's in your own home though, with the kids and cats running about and what have you.

@JohnnyShoulder I went to the checkout in Asda yesterday to ask whether they had any toilet roll left, and was given a resounding 'no'. It was very embarrassing to have to waddle back to the customer toilets with my pants around my ankles (unlike the wife on fire tale, I may have made this story up)

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 ha ha I'm not what song best fits that situation.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Ralizah

@Jaz007 In that case, you'd think "higher priority" tests would be available for people who, say, work in retail, or who spend a ton of time around other people as part of working in an "essential service."

Don't get me wrong: I'm not saying politicians shouldn't be able to get access to tests. They obviously should. My point is that our current situation is saying the quiet part of our celebrity worshiping culture out loud: the lives of the rich and famous are worth far more than Joe Normal's life. It's more important to test an asymptomatic basketball player than it is to get help to a normal housewife with a temperature of "only" 102 degrees. A rich socialite dying of this will be a national tragedy, whereas your death, or my death is just a number added to a statistic. I'm aware this is true of all societies and of all points in history, of course, but it becomes particularly infuriating in a country where millions of people lack health coverage and have to live in fear of becoming sick and drowning in debt as a result.

Every aspect of the American system inexorably drives home one point: if you're not rich or famous, then your life doesn't matter.

[Edited by Ralizah]

Currently Playing: Fields of Mistria (PC); Cookie Clicker (PC); Metaphor: ReFantazio demo (PC)

Ugh. Men.

PSN: Ralizah

Octane

@LaJettatura @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy How are you supposed to eat tiramisu if you can't eat raw eggs?

Don't worry by the way. The chances of egg being infected are very, very slim. And even then it's probably not the end of the world. Getting salmonella on your skin is even less dangerous, just make sure to clean it afterwards.

Octane

LieutenantFatman

@Ralizah
It's crazy isn't it? We have emergency service staff going down with symptoms having dealt with incidents directly related to the virus, and yet celebrities are getting fast tracked to be tested for it over them as a priority. It really is taking celebrity worship to a whole other level, it's truly bizzare.

LieutenantFatman

kyleforrester87

On the bright side, it’s 2:30pm on a Monday and I’m having a beer for lunch in my shorts in a sunny garden.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

HallowMoonshadow

It's something I've known since I was a little girl @Gremio108

In fact talking with my mother on the phone earlier it turns out that little piece of "first aid advice" been in the family for ages, from my great great great grandmother of Italian descent in fact.

Had I know that I wouldn't of mentioned it in the slightest as ol' great great great grandmother Arianna's "crowning" achievement in the Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy family history is that she was supposed to head to York... and ended up in Cork instead 😂

[Edited by HallowMoonshadow]

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

mookysam

@JohnnyShoulder Yep I got an email from Sainsbury's so looked on the website and need to ring them, although the number is constantly engaged. It's eased my anxiety about this though as hopefully something can be sorted.

Thanks @RogerRoger and @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy.

British eggs are from hens that have been inoculated against salmonella so should be safe to eat raw and perhaps even slather over a burn. All my Italian grandmother gave me was a propensity for passive aggression and a few sauce recipes.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

redd214

My kids schools just got canceled for the rest of the year

redd214

FullbringIchigo

@redd214 is that sad face because your kid is unhappy or because now you have to spend the rest of the year with the kid without a break?

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

redd214

@FullbringIchigo why would I be sad about spending more time with my kids, what a weird question lol.

Of course they're are the ones who are sad, already missing their friends, plus the teachers/counselors/workers state wide who built relationships with the kids, plus many people don't have the flexibility we have and will literally have to rearrange their entire lives around this. So many more important things than my personal feelings..

redd214

FullbringIchigo

@redd214 it was just a joke don't take too much out of it we all love to spend more time with the kids

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

redd214

@FullbringIchigo gotcha, sorry if I missed the humor. Just thinking about others around me right now. Apologies if I came off a bit gruff.

redd214

Octane

@redd214 Yeah, that sucks.

The lockdown got extended until June in The Netherlands as well. And they're going to hand out fines if you meet in groups.

That's three months in quarantine. Imagine if a similar virus pops up next year...

Octane

MightyDemon82

That's me on a 3 day week now, some people in the office are working from home, the rest of us are doing shifts so we only have a skeleton crew each day, will see what Boris says in the next 20 minutes scary stuff as my sister is on the front line and my Mrs also works for the NHS.

MightyDemon82

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.