Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 641 to 660 of 2,320

nessisonett

@themcnoisy I bloody well hope not. FF7R is only a few weeks away and we’ve all been waiting long enough for it.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/300336

Include self-employed in statutory sick pay during Coronavirus

@Gremio108 Hope your wife did not suffer any permanent damage. When I was reading the story Alica Keys - Girl on Fire was playing in my head.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Rudy_Manchego

@Gremio108 Bloody hell mate, hope your wife is ok. And I thought the fight over the iPad this morning was bad...

@themcnoisy Good luck in isolation mate. Don’t worry, everyone knows Push Squarers never say die. Unless playing a Soulsborne game.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Gladiator995

My store is still open and I work for one of the major UK telecommunication companies. To be honest it just seems like they care more about us selling iPhones than our health.

Gladiator995

PSN: Gladiator995

Gremio108

Thanks for the concern all. She is absolutely fine, mainly thanks to my superb first aid skills (if I say so myself) - 20 minutes under a lukewarm/cold shower and then cling film over the burn, which means that we've gone from a burn the size of my hand last night, to something that looks like a small lovebite this morning!

It was insane stuff though. Someone tell me how to put images on here and I'll try and post a pic of the jumper she was wearing

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Gremio108

@LieutenantFatman It is the first time she's been on fire, but she did once have a minor incident with the table and a scented candle. So she's got some form in this area.

@JohnnyShoulder I think that song did get a mention last night when we'd all calmed down

Ralizah

RogerRoger wrote:

Even if I didn't have it before, I've just been to three town centre shops whilst my immune system is being weakened by unrelated germs, so chances are I've got it now. Will self-isolate for five days and if nothing worse happens, hurrah. If things do develop, then I've got food for five more.

Don't you have any friends who could drop off some supplies for you? Seems like an unnecessary risk to take if you're already worried about your immune health.

RogerRoger wrote:

He's just downloaded Animal Crossing onto his Switch (guess I'll trade in the physical copy I'd picked up for him) and hopefully that'll see him through the immediate.

Do you plan on playing that with him when you two are reunited? Multiple people can live on one island, so you guys can actually have your characters hang out together!

Anyway, try to be safe, Rog.

[Edited by Ralizah]

Currently Playing: Fields of Mistria (PC); Cookie Clicker (PC); Metaphor: ReFantazio demo (PC)

Ugh. Men.

PSN: Ralizah

Jaz007

@Gremio108 I’m sorry, I thought you were joking cause the story was so funny. Glad to hear she’s alright then.

Jaz007

mookysam

@Gremio108 Glad your wife is okay. That sounds really scary. Will you be keeping the jumper as a trophy? You could even frame what's left of it!

@RogerRoger Get well soon buddy.

I'm self-isolating because I'm in an at-risk group, but am also physically disabled which means I can't just easily pop out to the shops. The problem hoarders have created for everyone has made me incredibly anxious this past week. Luckily found a shopping slot for next week but am expecting most of it to be out of stock. If things do not ease up I am actually in danger of running out of food as I have no friends or family in this part of the country. Why the **** have supermarkets not set aside slots for the elderly and sick and disabled? I imagine they rubbed their hands with glee early on in this crisis as it will make up for a crap Christmas trading period and then some. Anyway, if I do end up struggling to get supplies I may have to contact Scope (a disabled charity) for help. Hopefully things will be okay.

The number of people continuing to go out for non-essential items and ignoring social distancing advice beggars belief. There's a café opposite my Mum that has refused to close - and it's been packed. Additionally it's been reported that the town, harbour and beach near where she lives have been extremely busy. What is wrong with people? Do they not care?! Have they not seen the situation in Italy?

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Ryall

@LaJettatura
Eating out > Eating in
Travelling > playing video games
Going to the cinema > Watching TV

Assuming this doesn’t affect my income. I’m going to have more money left for the PS5 not less.

Ryall

Gremio108

@Jaz007 Ha, I don't blame you for thinking I was joking. There was a touch of Looney Tunes about the whole thing

@mookysam Hope you're okay mate. I think things will soon level out with regards to delivery slots and shopping, once people realise they've been a bit daft.

Ralizah

@RogerRoger Thanks. I'm sure she'll be fine. I don't think the area where the hospital is is totally overrun with cases yet, although, given our lack of testing, anything is on the table. She knows to wash/sanitize her hands frequently and to stay away from people when possible, and my sister will be with her during the visit.

@Gremio108 Oh crap, that "my wife is on fire" stuff was serious?! I'm glad she's not too badly injured. That's nuts.

Currently Playing: Fields of Mistria (PC); Cookie Clicker (PC); Metaphor: ReFantazio demo (PC)

Ugh. Men.

JohnnyShoulder

@mookysam Some supermarkets have been prioritising deliveries to elderly and vulnerable, as well as limiting how much people can buy. I was in Aldi earlier and they had everything, even toilet roll, but it was very busy for a Sunday morning. I think we should see stock become full again this week with some of the measures in place. Although I did get irked at one couple that had 48 rolls of bog roll in their trolley.

[Edited by JohnnyShoulder]

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

FullbringIchigo

@JohnnyShoulder if i was serving them i would have told them to stop being greedy selfish gits and put them all back

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

HallowMoonshadow

Oh @mookysam I hope everything is sorted out on your end & you manage to get some things! Sorry I can't do anything more then just well wish!

Holy hell @Gremio108 I'm glad your wife's ok!

... I'll uhh... admit the Dark Souls boss comparison did tickle me a little after I read that she was A-Ok 😅

Probably not the most useful information as it's a little late and I'm sure you've probably got some burn cream or something round the house but a beaten egg white helps reduce the inflamation of minor burns!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

HallowMoonshadow

LaJettatura wrote:

Please do not put egg whites on your skin, raw eggs may have Salmonella

Also I just remembered where I got that piece of info from @Gremio108 ... My mom. So it's probably just an old wives tale and not the smartest thing to do at the moment... my bad 😂

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger @FullbringIchigo i hope so, I didn't stick around to find out however. I think this should've been in place a couple of weeks ago. If i was serving before all this was in place, I would have called my supervisor or manager if someone had a load of bum wipes, and let them confront the customer. I don't think it is fair for the person serving to get started in arguments with customers, especially as some people are on edge.

Heavyarms55

I shouldn't take pleasure in it - but I kinda do - when a politician who I shall not name - that was, only a week ago, downplaying the risks of the virus and telling people to not stay home, has now been diagnosed with the virus after bragging about how he was still going out to dinner and shopping and stuff.

On the other hand - I fear for all the people he probably spread it to while doing so.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Ralizah

Interesting how there's always a test available for politicians, celebrities, and the media elite, but I keep hearing stories of everyday people who keep getting turned down, despite reporting often alarming symptoms.

If this situation doesn't make the gross inequality of the United States crystal clear to ordinary people, and if it doesn't show to them the deadly consequences of electing extremists and incompetents to important political offices, then I don't know what will.

Ugh. Men.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.