Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 721 to 740 of 2,320

Rudy_Manchego

On day 11 of quarantine and I have started a beard. I started a podcast two years ago so that cliche is already sorted.

I would kill for a Greggs sausage roll.

Ice cream vans are still doing the rounds near my house. This is very surreal.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

themcnoisy

@Rudy_Manchego 'Ice cream vans are still doing the rounds near my house. This is very surreal.'

Jeez, this is the exact reason we won't bounce back from covid 19 in a hurry.

@Heavyarms55 4% end up needing a ventilator.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

JohnnyShoulder

So like I posted elsewhere on the forum, I won't be posting or reading this topic anymore. Hope everyone and thier fam stays safe.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

kyleforrester87

@Rudy_Manchego I'm growing a beard too, I've only ever had a 3 week clear run at it in the past and it looked like sh*t so lets see what happens. I hope everyone likes ginger, because thats the colour it seems to come through, for some reason.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

andreoni79

@kyleforrester87 Even if I have dark hair, my beard used to turn ginger when I let it grow. Now what once was ginger is white. Forewarned is forearmed!

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Rudy_Manchego

@themcnoisy Yeah - part of me admires their reckless, dangerous and downright bizarre optimism. The other part is horrified.

@kyleforrester87 Right now I would kill for ginger - I am getting white hairs come through a lot. I last attempted a beard about 10 years ago and I looked bad. At this stage, I look like a teenager who has discovered Nirvana for the first time.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

LieutenantFatman

@andreoni79
Means you get to cosplay as Santa or Gandalf, worth it just for that, surely? Gandalf being the cooler option of course.

LieutenantFatman

nessisonett

@LaJettatura It’s like a real life Where’s Wally/Waldo at this point.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Heavyarms55

@LaJettatura I am legit scared that the Cheeto will fire the lead expert because of that very reason. In the past he has shown a marked intolerance for anyone who dares to contradict him because of science or legalities.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

themcnoisy

@LaJettatura @Heavyarms55 well here's the good thing about what Trump is doing.

I legitimately wanted loads of people to catch it over the last week. That will raise immunity for sure. The faster the spread, the worse for health care providers. But if you get lucky with either a light dose of Coronavirus or don't catch it at all - you will get to the end point sooner.

With our 80% LockDown in the uk, this will just keep the thing bubbling over a long stretch. The none essential workers, construction, bike shops, horrible business owners pretending they are essential etc. They will pass it between themselves and their families for 3-4 weeks, then when we all come out of isolation it's pretty much the same again with 80% fresh meat walking around. Trumps kinda right. The sacking of millions in America leading to suicide in mostly young men compared to running with the desease and killing mostly old men. The second option sounds more alluring when you factor in the fact proper and law abiding isolaters will be free sooner.

Problem being, it's easy to say that when no one I know has been affected yet (to the point of being tested). Theory goes out of the window when your nearest and dearest has just died of pneumonia.

Heavyarms55

@themcnoisy This isn't the chicken pox. There have been a couple reported cases of people getting sick a second time. Unless those reports were inaccurate.

As much as I do honestly despise Donald Trump, I can't say he's doing everything wrong. He isn't wrong that the economy is a major issue and he is right that there are other problems in the world that see technically larger numbers of fatalities. It's just that his response to this - as leader of the supposed most powerful and wealthy nation on Earth - has been riddled with issues and setbacks and sub-par performance that doesn't match with that esteemed position. It's not unreasonable to expect the nation that's always tooting its own horn as the best - to have the best response to this virus and it just does't. Not even close.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

nessisonett

@themcnoisy @Heavyarms55 At the same time, around 10000 new cases were reported from the US today. Sticking Pence in charge of the response, the same man who said praying would stop AIDS, was a massive mistake and I reckon it’s generous to even say there’s a strategy. Trump will quite literally fiddle while Rome burns if it means his hotel business will come out the other end unscathed.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

Edit:

@nessisonett More cases were added. We ended the day around +13,355, apparently.

[Edited by Ralizah]

Currently Playing: Fields of Mistria (PC); Cookie Clicker (PC); Metaphor: ReFantazio demo (PC)

Ugh. Men.

PSN: Ralizah

LieutenantFatman

Another question is, how do you persuade stubborn elderly family members to let others do the shopping for them, without them feeling that you're trying to steal their independence from them? I didn't realise what a popular pastime going to the supermarket every day was for some people.

LieutenantFatman

Rudy_Manchego

@LieutenantFatman I have the same issue with trying to get my folks to get deliveries etc. and not just 'pop' out for things. I have led a family intervention effort with everyone ringing to offer help in sorting out deliveries and things to help with contact. Peer pressure also helped I found.

themcnoisy

@Heavyarms55 the 'reinfections' were in fact false negative tests followed by a positive test. All within a 10 day period after an initial positive test.

themcnoisy

@Ralizah @Heavyarms55 you both isolate properly lads. Do not go out. For your food watch this video.

I've seen the stats for America just now. Mind boggling. But the sooner its over the sooner we can go back to normal.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.