Forums

Topic: πŸŽƒ PUSH SQUARE GAME CLUB πŸŽƒ | πŸ’€ Halloween Double Feature πŸ’€

Posts 261 to 280 of 944

QualityGeezer

@R1spam yeah it's weird mate got a full arm cast, so can't do anything like even putting a fork to my mouth, thank god for Netflix in these scenarios

QualityGeezer

Bob_Salat

Hello all, please excuse the barebones nature and brevity of this post as I’m currently away on holiday in Portugal but duties are duties πŸ‘

Wishing @QualityGeezer a speedy recovery buddy!

Here is our shortlist for next month, hopefully I’ve scooped up all recent suggestions.

Inscryption
Endling
Alan Wake Remastered
Trek to Yomi
Children of Morta
Desperados III
Dodgeball Academia
Jett
The Ascent
Observer Redux
NEO: The World Ends With You
Outer Wilds
TMNT: Shredder's Revenge
A Plague Tale: Requiem
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart.
Humanity
The Quarry
Artful Escape
Bioshock Infinite
Beyond Two Souls

Please can you @ me directly with your top 3 choices

I’ll tally up the votes later this week when i get back home

Take care everyone and please enjoy yourself πŸ‘

@Pizzamorg @Mr_B021 @QualityGeezer @KilloWertz @Th3solution @Ryne-Gaia @crimsontadpoles @RogerRoger @Hallowmoonshadow @R1spam @CaptD @Th3solution @ralphdibny @LobsterJohnson @SillyBoyJudas @kidfried

Out and about, will be back eventually πŸ‘

(AgentCooper)

CaptD

@AgentCooper My choices are Observer, The quarry or Alan wake remastered.
Lots of good selections in there, a few I have played.
Have a fab holiday.

@QualityGeezer Oops, that does sound like something a quality geezer would do.
Speedy recovery and as the wife says, "here comes the choo chop train" or that would be if the unfortunate happens to the other elbow.

CaptD

Th3solution

@AgentCooper
Inscryption
Humanity
The Quarry

There’s a few others I’d probably join in for as well. Only two on the list have I played before.

β€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

R1spam

@AgentCooper that's proper dedication that! Hope your having a great time πŸ‘ill vote for humanity. I would totally play the quarry too but it feels perfect for a Halloween game in October.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

Fight_Teza_Fight

@AgentCooper Could I get added to the tag list please?

My picks would be:

1) Alan Wake Remastered
2) NEO: The World Ends With You
3) TMNT: Shredder’s Revenge

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Mr_B021

@AgentCooper my nominations are Humanity, Artful Escape and Tren. Enjoy your holiday! 🍹

@QualityGeezer yikes, both the wrist and elbow? What happened? I wish you a quick recovery πŸ€•

[Edited by Mr_B021]

Mr_B021

PSN: Mr_B021

QualityGeezer

@Mr_B021 I fell off a ladder doing my in-laws guttering. I've broken my elbow so many times think I have a weakness in it unfortunately, was nothing dramatic wasn't even from a height, just put my arm down in the wrong place unfortunately

QualityGeezer

Th3solution

I seem to have run out of momentum for Death’s Door. I got a little bit lost while trying to navigate to the next objective after the witch and not sure if I’ll pick it back up to complete it. This is one of the problems I’ve always had with Metroidvanias, especially of the 2D variety. I get easily lost, especially when several days have lapsed between play sessions (which is just simply my reality right now with my life).

Anyone able to cross the finish line by the end of month deadline?

β€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Bob_Salat

@Th3solution I feel similarly, I played a few hours before my holiday and now after 10 days I’m completely lost at sea. The game itself isn’t clicking for me at the moment even though I really like almost everything about it. I own the game outright so I’ll no doubt return at some point.

(AgentCooper)

Mr_B021

Yesterday, I rolled the credits on Death's Door. I was surprised how much I liked it. I was not a fan of pattern recognition boss fights, but somehow this game just clicked. I think the art style and the music helped me keep going even if some of the bosses handed my ass to me. There were some difficulty spikes, but nothing serious I (with my limited gaming skills and patience) could not overcome. Some bosses took several tries, but others I beat on the first attempt. After finishing it, I even picked up Demon's Souls to give it another go.
Upgrading my stats and abilities massively improved my enjoyment of the game, because it made the combat more fun and it nudged me towards thoroughly exploring the environment and hunt for secrets. This game really surprised me. I don't think I would have picked it up on my own. So for me this was another win for Game Club.

Mr_B021

PSN: Mr_B021

Tjuz

@Th3solution I never continued after I posted my thoughts on it early in the month. I wasn't really excited to continue and the club wasn't exactly enthusiastic nor did anyone engage to tell me if the game got better in any of the aspects I criticised, so I dropped it. Hopefully better luck next time.

Tjuz

Bob_Salat

Untitled

Good day to one and all, I hope you are all well? Bit of a quiet one last month it seems, Death's Door didn't appear to land for many, they can't all be winners can they. Anywho, the hungry forward march of time continues unabated and our game for September, much i'm sure to Kidfried's delight is Humanity. The title was a day one addition to the plus service so should be available to most of us. Download and start this fiendish and stylish puzzler as you please and I look forward to following the discussion. Let's run this one through Sunday 1st October πŸ‘ Enjoy!

As always find a few details here courtesy of HLTB πŸ‘

A unique blend of puzzle-solving and action-platforming. Play a lone Shiba Inu charged with commanding massive, marching crowds to the goal in Story Mode, or browse a wide array of user-made levels crafted via the in-game Stage Creator!

Main story: 11 Hrs
Main + Sides: 14 1/2 Hrs
Completionist: 16 1/2 Hrs

Now, onto the second order of business. What does everyone think about continuing the tradition of a game club halloween game? thoughts and suggestions welcome.

Thank you all for your participation, positivity around this and excellent discussion in regards to the games we play. I appreciate you all.

One love πŸ‘

@Pizzamorg @Mr_B021 @QualityGeezer @KilloWertz @Th3solution @Ryne-Gaia @crimsontadpoles @RogerRoger @Hallowmoonshadow @R1spam @CaptD @Th3solution @ralphdibny @LobsterJohnson @SillyBoyJudas @kidfried @Fight_Teza_Fight

As always, if your name isn’t here and you want to be added, please let me know! Happy Gaming!

[Edited by Bob_Salat]

(AgentCooper)

R1spam

@Mr_B021 I'm glad you stuck through and enjoyed it! I liked the final boss sequence and the frog king boss best.

Tjuz

Humanity seems pretty promising. Not usually a big puzzle fan, but this looks like it has a fun, unique twist to it. I'll probably give it a shot somewhere later in the month as currently my gaming time is being spent on Starfield.

Tjuz

Fight_Teza_Fight

Downloaded Humanity. Not really my type of game but I’ll give it a go. It looks interesting enough.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

R1spam

Just went through the prologue, I really like what I've played so far. There's a really strange vibe that I like, something about the voice telling me not to worry about the regular folks but the special goldy's have value feels too on the nose lol!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic