Forums

Topic: šŸŽƒ PUSH SQUARE GAME CLUB šŸŽƒ | šŸ’€ Halloween Double Feature šŸ’€

Posts 281 to 300 of 944

Th3solution

Finished the prologue and the first level of the first area before I had to leave to handle real world issues. I really liked what I played so far though! And Iā€™m grateful the game isnā€™t stingy with trophies so far. I think Iā€™ve earned like 5 in an hour. šŸ˜… (as opposed to Deathā€™s Door which I ended up playing 6-7 hours before jumping off and just have one trophy to show for it)

[Edited by Th3solution]

ā€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.ā€

Th3solution

Made it through the whole of sequence 1. I still quite enjoy it. It scratches a certain itch that I didnā€™t know I had.

The levels are getting fairly tough though, which makes me worried about the latter sequences. I know based on the trophy list that thereā€™s a long way to go yet (speaking of ā€” thereā€™s mild spoilers in the trophy list so be warned) and if Iā€™m struggling now I canā€™t image how much harder these will be with even more powers and complexity being added so regularly.

Most of the difficulty is with getting the Goldies, which Iā€™ve got 100% up to this point. But maybe I need to relax and not stress about getting them all. If things get more and more complicated then Iā€™ll probably do that. The rewards for the Goldies arenā€™t too critical yet.

ā€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.ā€

Gremio108

@Th3solution For me, the game spiked around the same time, then got easier, with only the occasional bump after that, although they were pretty big bumps. There were some levels where couldn't figure out how to get the Goldys for days on end. Keep at it!

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Gremio108

I have to say, this might be my favourite game of the year so far, and I'm looking forward to reading everyone's thoughts on it. One day I'll actually play something in time to join in with Game Club! Have fun everybody.

R1spam

@Kidfried it's not as good as a full rewind but I think the replay with same commands is really useful. @Th3solution nice work!! I'm still in sequence 1 and just done a couple of the optional trials tonight. I'm with you in that to get all the goldies in a level, it's pretty tricky. I think I've made peace already that there is going to be the odd one along the way that won't make it! @Gremio108 it's good to hear you enjoyed it as much as that, as its been an epic year for games. I'm still early but one of the things I've already noticed is that some puzzle games make you feel dumb when you finally figure things out and some make you feel like a bloody genius. Humanity is the latter! Finishing the level and seeing multiple goldies still on route and collecting them is such a great feeling!!

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

Th3solution

@Gremio108 Good to hear the difficulty isnā€™t a continuous steep climb towards the end. Getting the right balance of difficulty is what really makes a puzzle-based game shine.

@R1spam Agree on the ā€˜restart with keeping commandsā€™ function is essential.
Iā€™ve found that sometimes Iā€™m having to time my commands, which also makes the pause function helpful. Thereā€™s been a level or two that I solved by switching a command at just the right time mid-march to get the humans and goldy from one spot to the next. It appears that thereā€™s probably more than one way to solve some of these levels, so hopefully Iā€™m not doing it wrong! šŸ˜…

As an example, I initially thought that you have to get the Goldies all in a continuous procession for it to count, but there was one or two that I solved by getting the Goldies captured first, then going back to change up the commands to get all the portals lit up became after getting the Goldies I feel more adventurous to try different techniques since the ā€˜regularā€™ humans are dispensable when they die. šŸ˜…

[Edited by Th3solution]

Gremio108

@R1spam @Th3solution Yeah, it's a great feeling when you finally crack a level you've been turning over in your mind for ages. I'd be at work and a possible solution would come to me, leaving me desperate to get home and test it out. More often than not it wouldn't work šŸ¤£

Kanji-Tatsumi

I'm a big fan of Humanity. I didn't get as far in as I'd have liked as my PS+ Extra ran out but I'll pick it up again one day. I hope it's at least nominated for some puzzle game awards once the GOTY discussions pick up again, you can tell it was a game made with a lot of passion and love for the genre.

[Edited by Kanji-Tatsumi]

Kanji-Tatsumi

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 You mean, you can't equip a +8 Greatsword dressed in only your kinckers, and roll forwards-right to avoid all attacks to progress?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Mr_B021

Finished the prologue and the 1st area. I like it so far, especially the haptic feedback. I found the lack of a rewind function irritating at first, but it would make the game too easy and open to brute force trial and error play styles.

Mr_B021

PSN: Mr_B021

Bob_Salat

Hello one and all! The best time of year is upon us, so i wish you all a happy Autumn/Fall Equinox.

Hope youā€™re all enjoying Humanity, I happen to think itā€™s a keeper and a solid addition to the PS5ā€™s arsenal.

Time to vote for a game to play in October. Will it be a spooky title as is Game Club tradition? Here is the shortlist which has a couple of horror tinged titles but if thereā€™s a thirst for something more overtly spooky a la Resident Evil please feel free to post a suggestion.

PSGC October

Inscryptionā€Ø
Endlingā€Ø
Alan Wake Remasteredā€Ø
Trek to Yomiā€Ø
Children of Mortaā€Ø
Desperados IIIā€Ø
Dodgeball Academiaā€Ø
Jettā€Ø
The Ascentā€Ø
Observer Redux
ā€ØNEO: The World Ends With Youā€Ø
Outer Wildsā€Ø
TMNT: Shredder's Revenge
ā€ØA Plague Tale: Requiem
ā€ØRatchet & Clank: Rift Apart.
ā€ØThe Quarryā€Ø [Disclaimer: Leaving Plus 17th October]
Artful Escape
ā€ØBioshock Infiniteā€Ø
Beyond Two Souls

Happy voting gang!

One love šŸ‘
@Pizzamorg @Mr_B021 @QualityGeezer @KilloWertz @Th3solution @Ryne-Gaia @crimsontadpoles @RogerRoger @Hallowmoonshadow @R1spam @CaptD @Th3solution @ralphdibny @LobsterJohnson @SillyBoyJudas @kidfried @Fight_Teza_Fight

As always, if your name isnā€™t here and you want to be added, please let me know! Happy Gaming!

[Edited by Bob_Salat]

Out and about, will be back eventually šŸ‘

(AgentCooper)

Th3solution

@AgentCooper Agree that Humanity has been a really nice game. Iā€™m probably not going to finish it before the end of the month, but unlike Deathā€™s Door, I do think Iā€™ll continue playing it until the end, even if it takes me a few months. Itā€™s the ideal ā€œdrop in, drop outā€ type of game where I feel like I can do a couple levels when I have 30 minutes free or want a small break between play sessions of my main game.

ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”

As far as Oct, if we go based on the list, my spooky choices would be:
1) Inscryption
2) The Quarry
3) Alan Wake Remastered

Iā€™m also not opposed to something else horror related if people wish to put forth something else.

R1spam

@AgentCooper I'm in the same boat as Th3, very much enjoying Humanity and I know I'll likely not finish before September but its my chill out and listen to a podcast game. Puzzles have been really enjoyable! I'm going to vote for the the Quarry. Let's get some awful teenagers their just rewards šŸ¤£

XBOX: Placebo G

CaptD

Hello all,
Sorry I didn't participate in playing Humanity, it didn't appeal to me and knowing my frustration with Lemmings type games I decided not to try it despite it being free (not free). Quite annoying for me really as it can also be played in VR.
Anyhoo, my vote this month is for The Quarry which I have already download but not yet started. It is all rush rush rush with it as it is leaving Extra soon (17th I think). Alan Wake remastered is second recommendation.

Thanks @AgentCooper for posting a new month.

CaptD

Th3solution

@CaptD Oh no - I didnā€™t know about The Quarry leaving. If Push Square ran an article about it then I must have missed that.

Hmm.. that does alter things. Bitten by the curse of these sub services. Looks like itā€™s a 10 hour game, so certainly could be finished in 2 weeks, but it could rush it.

Bob_Salat

@CaptD Thanks for the heads up I hadnā€™t seen the article announcing this monthā€™s departures.

Weā€™ll see how the vote plays out but Iā€™ve added a disclaimer to the OP šŸ‘

[Edited by Bob_Salat]

Out and about, will be back eventually šŸ‘

(AgentCooper)

Th3solution

Ooohā€¦ just saw that Callisto Protocol has been leaked to be one of Octoberā€™s PS+ Essential games. Iā€™ve already voted but Iā€™d throw my support behind that game too, if the community wanted to go that direction.

Edit:
So to clarify, my official first choice is still Inscryption.
But Iā€™d probably put Callisto second, Quarry third, AW2 fourth. But will likely join in for any of those four.

[Edited by Th3solution]

MatthewJP

Hi everyone, just an outsider looking in with interest. October surely has to be a spooky game, and given its exit from PS+ (missed that article too, if there was one?) the quarry would be a good shout. Have had it downloaded for months but never started it, big fan of until dawn.
Another horror (and very short) game for your list that is on ps+ is Transference. Made mainly for psvr1, it's playable as normal, which I did, and found it very creepy

PSN: mpquikster

CaptD

Transference is a good shout, I played that a while back in VR. Callisto Protocol is also a great choice, so many games so little time.

With regards to the "What's leaving PS+ Extra" article, I don't think there was one on PushSq (most unlike them) and if I recall correctly I read it on psnprofiles. There are a fair few games leaving which people might like to jump on (highly recommend "Inside"). Too late to start a Yakuza game I fear.
https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/150088-16-games-leaving-p...

[Edited by CaptD]

CaptD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic