Forums

Topic: PUSH SQUARE GAME CLUB | Now Playing: Sifu

Posts 781 to 792 of 792

sorteddan

@CaptD
I saw a guy in a shop with a T-shirt logo that read:

"Surely not everybody was kung-fu fighting."

Silly but it made my day.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

AgentCooper

Morning All! Another June rolls around and yet another lovely game for you all to have a look at. This month's title is Sifu, let's see if we can answer the eternal question, was everybody in-fact kung fu fighting? Enjoy.

Untitled

——————————————————————————————————————————————-
Thank you all for your continued engagement and contributions

See you all in three weeks.

#PSQGAMECLUB

One love 👍

@Pizzamorg @Mr_B021 @QualityGeezer @KilloWertz @Th3solution @Ryne-Gaia @crimsontadpoles @RogerRoger @Hallowmoonshadow @R1spam @CaptD @Th3solution @ralphdibny @LobsterJohnson @SillyBoyJudas @kidfried @Fight_Teza_Fight

That gum you like is going to come back in style!

Th3solution

Oh-ho-ho-ho… Ha!

Looking forward to working on expert timing, so I can be fast as lighting.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Mr_B021

I’ll take a bow and make a stand. Started swaying with the hand ✋🏼🦶🏼

Edited on by Mr_B021

Mr_B021

PSN: Mr_B021

Th3solution

Started and just had enough time to make it through the prologue. I like the impact of combat that you can feel in the moves, as well as the quick animations. The game does a good job of making you feel like you’re doing kung fu.

I’m not very proficient at fighting games, so I started in the student/easy mode. I can tell this is going to be plenty of challenge for me.

Early feeling on the controls is alright, but I don’t know how I’m going to feel about using the sticks as part of input. I much prefer the precision of the d-pad for entering combo inputs for fighting games. I guess I can remap the controls, but I’m going to stick with the default for now and see if I get the hang of it. I’m basically button mashing at this point anyways, so I’m not sure I need much precision yet. 😅

I am bummed that you don’t get to name your character. I was debating between Funky Billy Chin or Little Sammy Chung. 😄

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

Holy Moly… boss on the third level has totally drained all fun from this… sheesh.

I’ve completed the Squats, the Club, and the Museum. The final boss of the Museum is no effin’ joke. I started the fight at age 30 and finished at age 52! For those who haven’t got there yet, it will definitely help to have the catch weapon skill first. I did not and so, uh yeah. Ridiculous.

The game is pretty fun, although I’m obviously no good at it. I’m playing on student, but haven’t tried any modifiers yet. After that last fight I think I might have to use modifiers to get through this.

The game doesn’t do a very good job of educating you on its systems. I’ve be just silly-nilly unlocking things and spending points and I think I’m probably playing it totally wrong. I just now realized basically how the little statues work they give you perks. Even then, I’m pretty unclear about the strategies here.

Anyone else having a struggle? 😅

CaptD

I don't like the sound of that @Th3solution
I've yet to start the game, unfortunately I managed to get tracked again but I hope to start it next week. I'm not very good at fighting games so I'm feeling quite trepidatious but I do like the sound of the difficulty mode and modifiers.
Of course If it gets too much then I can just return to SpongeBob for less stressful gaming.

Edited on by CaptD

CaptD

Th3solution

@CaptD To my chagrin, just like every other action game post-Sekiro, parrying attacks is key to success (and yes, I know that Sekiro didn’t invent the parry mechanic, but it just feels so ubiquitous now since Sekiro popularized it). The dodges also have narrow timing windows, but do seem to be slightly more forgiving.

So your experience could be better, but I’m rubbish at parrying. And in truth, I haven’t really struggled much until that 3rd main boss. I was mostly using a Souls-like style of combat to supplement my primary tactic of button mashing — that is, running around the combat area to confuse and kite the enemies’ AI, close in quickly and get a few jabs in, then run away again, rinse and repeat. That was perfectly fine for the tougher encounters on the treks through each level and even the first two bosses, and I had only been knocked out and forced to respawn like, 15 times up to that point (I used a perk to drop my age by 5 yrs., so that’s why I was around 30 when I got to the end of the Museum). But having to respawn 22 times during that one fight was just crazy. A couple of the hits will take half your health bar each, and then the throwing projectiles are meanwhile ‘death by a thousand cuts’ quite literally.

Hopefully that’s not a sign of what ahead, because I’m not even quite halfway and I assume the difficulty is going to be continually ramping up.

Yousef-

Hello, if possible I would like to join the tag list. I am subscribed to the Xbox club already, and would like to join the PS club as well.

Steam Friend Code: 1176431257

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I only played it for a few hours when it first dropper onto plus, but it sounds like you are in similar place I was. I stopped playing when I realised you need to replay earlier levels to get your age down for later levels. Which is fine, but I just wasn't in the mood for something like that. It is something I'd want to try again at a later date however.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder The geisha numchaku / knife throwing boss was really tough. I went through the next level, the Tower, and made it through better and even the boss wasn’t quite as hard, although it was still difficult.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic