Forums

Topic: ๐ŸŽƒ PUSH SQUARE GAME CLUB ๐ŸŽƒ | ๐Ÿ’€ Halloween Double Feature ๐Ÿ’€

Posts 901 to 920 of 944

Th3solution

@Tjuz No technical issues for me so far. I playing solo, correct. Thereโ€™s been several times that the game hitches between scene changes, but it doesnโ€™t last long, just feels a little clumsy for a split second and it picks right up after that. Hereโ€™s hoping I donโ€™t lose my save toward the final stretch! ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ

What did you think of Man of Medan? Iโ€™ve consistently heard itโ€™s the weakest and slowest entry. I was still planning to go back and play it (as well as House of Ashes) since Iโ€™ve liked Little Hope so much (so far).

โ€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.โ€

Yousef-

@Tjuz that is an interesting little anecdote about the game. Also, if you like the stuff you see here in the club and would like to join, I can add you to the ping list whenever voting starts. For more information, refer to the first post on this thread. Thanks and have a good one. ๐Ÿ‘

How to reach me out: ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡
Discord: yousef. (All lowercase with fullstop at the end)

Khwarezm89

Ok I just started Little Hope yesterday evening and I regret that I did that before going to bed lol. I finished the prologue and I really like the vibes but hopefully the story will be interesting.

PSA: This is my first Supermassive Games game ever.

Khwarezm89

PSN: Khwarezm_89 | Twitter:

Yousef-

@Khwarezm89 lol a horror game right before bed would be my nightmare but good youโ€™re enjoying it๐Ÿ‘.
Yeah Iโ€™m not really familiar with Supermassive Games either this is my first exposure to them.

JohnnyShoulder

Both games this month were developed by Supermassive. We have inadvertently become super massive fans of Supermassive.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Yousef-

@JohnnyShoulder stole the words right out of my mouth!

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder ๐Ÿ˜‚ Nice pun.
Yes, I just realized that Supermassive developed the upgraded PS5/XB Series version of Little Nightmares II.

@Khwarezm89 The horror narrative games in the Supermassive library are quite similar, but the consensus is usually that Until Dawn is the peak of their output. Iโ€™ve played UD, The Quarry, and now this, and I have enjoyed them all.

I looked back and noticed that Supermassive also did some work on the Little Big Planet franchise. I also note that the studio is quite prolific, having released something just about every year, and sometimes multiple projects per year - as they did with The Devil in Me, House of Ashes, and The Quarry all within about one calendar year from 2021-2022. Impressive stuff in todayโ€™s climate where games are taking 5-6 years to finish. Granted, the Supermassive games arenโ€™t very long nor complex, but stillโ€ฆ in a world where studios donโ€™t bring anything to market for many years while they chase the next blockbuster AAA game, itโ€™s refreshing to see a studio consistently put out quality content, even if itโ€™s not GOTY material.

โ€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.โ€

Yousef-

@Th3solution oh yeah to answer your question, Iโ€™d call them the โ€œdonโ€™t fart near a nuclear scientist else you may trigger a nuclear geopolitical war that risks permanently harming the economy for the next 50 years or soโ€ genre but I understand if some people find that name a bit too short. I can make it longer if you want though.

[Edited by Yousef-]

Th3solution

@Yousef- Butterfly effect, indeed. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Incidentally, thereโ€™s a real lack of games that allow you to pass gas. Death Stranding is clearly the trailblazing game in bio-relief. I also enjoyed how in Tchia one could play as a bird and there was a button to poop from the air. ๐Ÿ˜…

Yousef-

@Th3solution โ€œpass gasโ€?
I looked it up. Nvm.

[Edited by Yousef-]

Th3solution

@Yousef- ๐Ÿคฃ Another American English idiom to put in your toolkit.

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I believe in Southpark The Fractured But Whole there is a whole load of letting rip.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Haha, I didnโ€™t know but am not surprised. I played neither South Park game because I am not very well versed in the TV show. Iโ€™ve seen a handful of episodes but not really into it enough to try a game.

Tjuz

@Th3solution For me it happened right before the graveyard scene, which I'm assuming you've already passed from your comments. Good sign! The other not gamebreaking bug I experienced in that game was the whole world just not existing and characters seemingly running around in the void with quick-time events during the escaping the church sequence. That one was fascinating, but luckily fixed itself once it loaded a new scene!

I would've personally said Man of Medan is more action-packed than Little Hope generally, but it's not all that far off from each other if memory serves. I prefer the MoM over LH, because I found the cast of characters to be a lot more interesting and the ending nowhere near as disappointing. I still think House of Ashes easily stands tall among them as the best though, but your mileage may vary. My friend I played all of then with rates both LH and MoM above HoH, so I think these games are all just incredibly subjective! Not sure how that would bode for you as someone who's really enjoying LH, but I think it's definitely worth checking out the other entries either way. Just see which story intrigues you more and go for that one first!

Tjuz

Th3solution

@Tjuz Thanks, buddy. Yeah, Iโ€™m past the first possible pitfall, but not the second.

And youโ€™re definitely right about each entry being highly variable as far as preferences โ€” seems that has applied to Life is Strange as well! ๐Ÿ˜„
So much of this style of game depends on connection to the characters, and like you say, interest in the setting. The 17th century witch trials is just so fascinating and spooky to me. If Iโ€™m not mistaken the House of Ashes takes place in some caves in the Middle East and Man of Medan on a boat. All seem to hold potential, but the witch trials is probably the most interesting concept at face value for me. But I really want to see them all.

Yousef-

@JohnnyShoulder @Th3solution in dark souls you could theoretically try finger but whole

Yousef-

Also making a small addition to the game club library.
Megaman 11
It was two hours last time I played it in 2018-ish when it first come out. Might be worth revisiting for a proper evaluation.

Yousef-

Hey guys hope you are doing great
So it caught my attention that Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart wasnโ€™t played here so I might have to add it just to give myself an excuse to replay and 100% it since it was a pretty cool game especially for my steam deck.
Iโ€™m not super great at suggesting games that expand my own horizons so I hope for the reverse and that my suggestions expand someone elseโ€™s horizons past the number zeroโ€ฆ. Dawn

Tjuz

@Th3solution Yeah, you're on the money for the settings of the other ones. The final entry is based around the H. H. Holmes murder hotel, which personally was the setting to excite me the most yet as I always found that particular true crime story fascinating. Not sure if I'm loving what they've done with it yet as I'm about halfway with it, but I'm not hating it either. Witch trials is definitely the setting I was also most excited for before this though! Maybe that only added to my disappointment when I realised it wasn't quite what I was hoping for. I'll have to hope that same effect doesn't ultimately repeat with this latest entry...

Tjuz

Yousef-

โ€˜Kay guys Iโ€™m gonna try to ketchup with you all since I know for a fact the further I delay this the more likely Oct is gonna fly by.
Canโ€™t buy nor have the time to play Little Hope so Iโ€™ll be watching a โ€œsave everyoneโ€ LP just to have at least a rudimentary idea of the plot.
My brain canโ€™t handle another โ€œyour choices will have consequences if you donโ€™t water this plant max you stupid b***โ€ game so excuse me there for a sec.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic