Forums

Topic: Push Square Premier League Fantasy Football (soccer) ongoing seasons

Posts 221 to 240 of 284

sorteddan

@BearsEatBeets
Oh yeah Haaland first pick and firmly installed as captain, I'm too afraid not to. Though I am still in the mark one phase of my squad and it will probably have gone through many iterations and be very different come kick off.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Mostik

@BearsEatBeets Yeah I am with @sorteddan , it is too risky initially IMO to not pick him as he is so expensive it would be tough to get him in afterwards without the wildcard. If the rumours are true that Alvarez is a bit disgruntled and wants to go to Spain then Haaland plays even more.
I can't finalise my squad yet, I obviously want Utd to do well but I am still hesitant to pick any forward players given how useless we were last season. Can't see past a City Arsenal 1,2 again

Mostik

sorteddan

@Mostik
Similar. Unfortunately I cant see much beyond another City win though I hope that I'm wrong. Liverpool may need time to adjust to their new manager/style, Arsenal probably had their best chance last season, Utd have started to build a foundation but are still some way off, Villa will have new champions league distraction, Spurs will entertain but remain too fragile, Newcastle again probably attempting to get back to top 4. Did I miss anybody?...

Though one of the reasons I love football is that I can never predict what's gonna happen...

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

BearsEatBeets

@Mostik @sorteddan I might try and squeeze him in. Normally when I first do my team I usually get to the final 3-ish choices and discover I've not got enough money left to get hardly anyone and then have to tinker but this time I made easy choices and had 1/2M still left over. I'm fairly sure I remember his form dropping off near the end of the season though, maybe he will be a one-season wonder (wishful thinking from a Liverpool fan 😁).
I'm eager to see how Liverpool play under the new manager. I've been reluctant to pick their players until I have a better idea of what team he goes with and how they do.

Just realised I didn't know who the new Chelsea manager was so that's another team of greater unknowns this season.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

sorteddan

@BearsEatBeets
Chelsea got Maresca who was formerly Pep's assistant and took Leicester up last season so expect a Pep clone wannabe possession style game. Strangely not the most popular with the Leicester fans from what I heard they weren't too sad to lose him as they weren't the most exciting team to watch. That was the team I forgot from my earlier round up/dismissal of everyone's chances! Would've liked Cole Palmer back in my team but at 10.5m - Nope.

[Edited by sorteddan]

MatthewJP

Put together my first attempt of a team for the new season. I've avoided Haaland at 15m which has allowed a midfield of Gordon, Palmer, Foden, Saka and Bowen, with a front line of Watkins and Isak. Decisions decisions...

[Edited by MatthewJP]

PSN: mpquikster

nessisonett

Booted Haaland. Let’s see how this pans out. One Tim, One Ream.

Champions of the UK too… off to a great start 😂

[Edited by nessisonett]

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

BearsEatBeets

@MatthewJP Thanks and welcome to the league.

I had an email about some new challenge mode where you create a 5-a-side team. Might give it a go.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Khwarezm89

I didn't know that we've Fantasy Premier League here. How can I enter please?

Khwarezm89

PSN: Khwarezm_89

sorteddan

@MatthewJP
That is a fairly stacked midfield you have there.... And no fancy dan foreigners either!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic