Forums

Topic: Push Square Premier League Fantasy Football (soccer) ongoing seasons

Posts 241 to 260 of 285

BearsEatBeets

@Malaise Yeah don’t worry you can change your team as many times as you want until the start of season deadline. Welcome to the league. 👍

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Surely that should be welcome back to the league?

I think @Malaise is hoping to break the record for the most transfers done in one game week....

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets I have, and I won't be taking part this season.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

sorteddan

@Malaise
Well I did see him play last night in a team that was half youth development players he dispatched a hat-trick past an almost full strength Chelsea in typical Erling fashion. But aside from the goals he didn't do much and £15m too much for one player so you should probably avoid him.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

MatthewJP

I've changed my team about 10 times over the past couple of days and am still undecided. Keep getting anxiety at leaving Haaland out, so add him in and then the balance of the team takes a hammering so take him back out again...

PSN: mpquikster

Mostik

@MatthewJP I'm pretty much in the same boat only for me it is the Newcastle players. Essentially I am gambling on either Newcastle or Villa being decent and am not sure on which to go with, decisions decisions.... Haaland is a must for me though, especially with no Alvarez anymore, but I admit he is very expensive.

Mostik

MatthewJP

@Mostik as a Villa fan, I would go with Newcastle, particularly at the start of the season seeing as villa got thumped 5-1 in the first game last year (by Newcastle) and have not been great pre-season

[Edited by MatthewJP]

PSN: mpquikster

Mostik

@MatthewJP Yeah I agree, over the season I expect Villa to finish higher (your manager is class & some quality players) but perhaps with you being away at West Ham for the first game and Newcastle at home to Southampton it is a bit of no brainer to start with.
Appreciate the tip off, I would offer some advise in return on my team but as a United fan (Manchester) I have no clue what is going to happen at my club, could be good could be terrible and probably end up somewhere in between!!! One thing is for sure it will be entertaining & I can't wait for it to start

Mostik

BearsEatBeets

Having set it up awhile ago I have only just realised we have almost arrived at the new season. The first game of the season is tomorrow so less than 24 hours for our participants to get their teams in for the start.

I don’t have my list of previous players handy but will try to give out some notifications in the morning just in case anyone still wants in this season.

I don’t know if anyone ever makes late changes to their teams but probably best to be aware that teams are announcing 15 minutes earlier than before so the deadline before kickoff before each game week will be a bit earlier.

BearsEatBeets

sorteddan

A new season. A clean slate for all. Renewed hope and optimism for the months ahead. And of course instant regrets about the players from early build squads who I foolishly discarded... For example, my first squad for this year had both Lisandro Martinez and Garnacho until I decided I'd be better off without any Utd players. Ah well, start as you mean to go on I suppose...

Good luck to you all for the season ahead.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Mostik

It's back Enjoy folks and good luck!

Mostik

nessisonett

Rock bottom after week 1. We’re so back lads.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Khwarezm89

I didn't expect that I'll be on top of the league after the 1st week xD .

Time to celebrate while I can

Khwarezm89

PSN: Khwarezm_89

BearsEatBeets

@nessisonett right down there with you. Already feel like I want to swap 3 or 4 players but going to avoid a knee jerk wildcard this early.
@Khwarezm89 well done on the strong start 👍

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets Part of it is the Solanke transfer screwing me. I just don’t see him getting the number of goals at Spurs that he got at Bournemouth. Betting on a wide selection of players rather than going big on Salah or Haaland might be my undoing.

BearsEatBeets

@nessisonett I did a similar kind of thing with my team. I still think Solanke has the potential to do more at Spurs than at Bournemouth but it's a gamble that might not work out. When my brother saw my team he literally sent me a message that said "You don't have Salah or Haaland?".
I'm going to give it another week to assess how teams are playing before doing anything major.

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

I’ll need to stick Matt O’Riley in my fantasy squad while mopping the tears away. £30 mil and none of that will be reinvested.

BearsEatBeets

Wasn’t going to make any changes this week but had a look at my team and saw Solanke was classed as injured until mid September so thought it best to swap him now. No one stood out on my budget so took a punt on Vardy.
I just noticed the tab still open on my phone and when I went to close it noticed Vardy had changed to red with 25% chance of playing. Unbelievable! 😩

BearsEatBeets

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic