Forums

Topic: The Music Thread

Posts 2,241 to 2,253 of 2,253

Yousef-

@BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN I would like to share my artists recs, I’m a little tired at the moment so instead I wanna post a really good heavy metal song I found while playing a mod of dbz budokai 3. It’s an incredible song and one that spoke to me. Some deep and thought provoking messages that still hold true today. It’s so incredibly catchy I winded up remembering most of the lyrics after a few listens. Almost like an anthem.

EDIT: (If the link is broken for some reason, I’ll try grabbing the Spotify link instead)

Edited on by Yousef-

Steam Friend Code: 1176431257

Switch friend code: SW-7391-1388-5607

Xbox Gamertag: ForgetMeNot3495
(text me on the Xbox Messenger so I see your FR)

Current Switch Physical Game Count:26

Currently Playing: Hyperdimension Neptunia: Re;birth 1

Yousef-

@BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN that’s fair! I’m curious if you heard Gang Starr’s B.Y.S? That one was at the tip of my tongue, but I only remembered it now. I strongly associate this song with clean honest hip hop. https://open.spotify.com/track/1YvfwfLjfKNrO5Iz8obuqD?si=CwYD...

BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN

@Yousef- I love Gang Starr! Not sure if I'm familiar with that one though, just finishing off another hip hop album atm but I'll check it out directly after that. Moment Of Truth is my favourite Gang Starr record, and I also think Guru's 'Jazzamatazz' series is amazing.

Edit: Yeah, just listening to it now. Good messages in the music like "always responding to fan mail" and so on. I like it. I'll have to add the rest of the album to my library.

What are you playing on PlayStation these days anyway? Feel free to respond in the 'What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?' Thread or the PS4/PS3 etc. versions of that thread if you are on a different platform right now.

I'm taking a break after completing Rise of the Ronin, which was excellent, but aim to play RE2 REmake next.

Edited on by BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN

"I cherish my thoughts and hold 'em exclusive, Confucius." - Ransom

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Yousef-

@BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN awesome, and yeah I do game from time to time when my life and hospital job allows it. I’m on the road a lot due to my lifestyle and really value sleeping early and waking up early so I can’t find many good opportunities to game outside the weekend, despite the fact I’ve never once gotten bored or tired of gaming!

Right now for example me and my old man are on a road trip from Kuwait to Saudi Arabia. I’m driving so I’ll have my eyes on the road a lot. It’s gonna be a short trip so it won’t be long before I’m back to Kuwait. Sunday’s gonna be the new year for the Hijri Calendar (Muslim calendar).

But when I do sit down and wind, my options are near limitless! Big hardware collector! But the games I typically default to are Grand Theft Auto IV and Warriors Orochi 3. Though I’ve also had my eyes recently on Ratchet and Clank ps2 trilogy.

Edited on by Yousef-

BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN

@Yousef- It's good to see that you work in one of the "helping" professions, very noble of you. I hope your road trip with your old man goes well, and I would just add that I suppose that I am unlike you in the sense that I sometimes need a break from gaming to focus on music, guitar, reading literature or watching cricket, which are my other main interests outside of gaming.

ishaajo840

Guys did you hear the soundtrack of Rogue Prince of Persia ? It's on YouTube ubisoft channel and it's awesome !!! Check it out.

Edited on by ishaajo840

ishaajo840

BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN

Whilst on the subject of soundtracks, I am getting into film soundtracks now. Thought I'd share this, which I'm listening to now.

Yousef-

Thanks for sharing. Needed something to put in the background while on this quiet Saturday.

BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN

I was reflecting on Miles Davis and 'Trane this morning. They both played together, but Davis was more of a composer whilst 'Trane was more of a player, and both of their paths diverged from traditional jazz after Coltrane started his own career outside of Davis' work, with 'Trane going into free jazz and Davis heading towards rock and rnb fusion, melding those with traditional jazz composition. Fascinating careers to consider.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic