Forums

Topic: Star Wars Outlaws (30-8-2024)

Posts 41 to 57 of 57

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore @ApostateMage I've not seen all the negativity, but if I paid for an expensive edition of a game and one of those perks was getting early access, then my progress got wiped, I would not be best pleased.

Not sure if I'm down for all this early access business which is becoming the norm. I don't play many games on day one these days anyway, and the ones I have recently have not offered this. If one did? I would be torn of whether I'd pony up to play it a few days early.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder oh for sure… my point is more towards the negativity around the gameplay rather than Ubisoft screwing over the early access players. I wouldn’t go early access for Bloodborne 2 even!

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Yeah the more I think about the more I'm inclined that I would not pay to play any game a few day early lol

People seem to be vocal about the smallest of niggles these days and it can be tricky to know if they are genuine or if they are doing it to knock down the developer/publisher.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Voltan

I'm picking up the game today (after they managed to ship it late so it didn't arrive before the weekend) but I don't think I'll have the time to actually play it before Astro Bot...

Maybe they'll patch some bugs in the meantime at least

Voltan

Truegamer79

When i first heard about star wars outlaws i was excited about it cause I'm pretty hard core into star wars. Plus it's cool that you don't play as a Jedi for once which is rare in these games. Then i heard about all the stealth and my excitement started to fade. Thankfully i gave it a shot anyway and i now know that stealth isn't always the only option. Good thing too cause i suck at stealth.

So what do you guys prefer? Do you shoot first Like Han would or try to stay stealthy?

Truegamer79

Fortysixter_uk

I'm enjoying SW outlaws despite it very odd and awkward speeder controls and also odd shooting controls . Maybe I've missed something in the controls setup but neither are snappy /intuitive.
There are stealth sections but so far they are short and your character always makes it clear when you can " go loud" and that's fun !

The game has some good writing and is quite engaging. I'd say it's a solid 7/10.

Fortysixter_uk

colonelkilgore

@Fortysixter_uk not that I’ve played it yet, I did see an article somewhere suggesting a controller remap which remedies the issues your having. Try having a look at the various maps available.

**** DLC!

BowsersBuddy

@Fortysixter_uk @colonelkilgore

controller remapping is going to be patched in in an update but isn’t there yet I don’t believe. There are some different pre sets available at the moment, and you can also check some of the accessibility settings to see if anything help make the speeder controls better for you. I personally quite like them apart from the when in reverse, the steering is the opposite to what I would expect when reversing!

BowsersBuddy

BowsersBuddy

@Truegamer79 I tend to go in stealth, but then start blasting once I get caught which doesn’t take long! I try and take at least a few guards down before then though!

BowsersBuddy

Ravix

Regarding difficulty spikes, insta fail stealth and all that other hot topic stuff. Where exactly are these things? 😅 I genuinely feel like I'm playing a different game, I know there's jank here and there, but I seem to be missing all the other stuff. I put the game and hacking etc on harder settings out of the gate, but I've still not encountered difficulty spikes and the only insta fail stealth I can think of isn't even related to any actual mission, just if you want to move around in a syndicate's territory that you've pissed off, which is totally resolvable.

I wish I'd got it on PS5 as there's been some really cool gameplay segments that i've had, and the Xbox doesn't seemingly let you record more than 30 seconds 🤦‍♂️

When it seems you're out of luck.
There's just one man who gives a f*************ck
⚔️🛡🐎

Ravix

Game is so cool in big moments, I've got all the upgrades I wanted and done pretty much everything else I wanted to do on Akiva, went back to Kojimi a few times, and grabbed one last upgrade from Toshara, but the last mission I had on Akiva has set up my exit really nicely. A nice long stealth mission with zero insta fail moments, and really good design for moving through both swiftly and effectively, trapping alarms as you go, just in case. End with a classic gun fight and it's off to Tatooine, I go 😁

⚔️🛡🐎

BowsersBuddy

@Ravix pleased to hear you are enjoying it, I think you’re quite a long way ahead of me! I’m really enjoying it too, I have the option to visits all of the planets now which is great.

In terms of the instant fail bits, I think people don’t like the bits where you are caught in the syndicate bases and they kick you
Out etc. Whilst I think it makes sense in a lot of ways, I guess people like the option to shoot their way out of those situations!

BowsersBuddy

Ravix

@BowsersBuddy cheers. Yeah, so it is easy to remedy with the rep system, as you can make them like you fairly easily. I don't see how they can remove that without making quests too easy though, if you get caught you can just carry on with no consequence? 😅 Early on in the game I actually enjoyed making crimson dawn hate me before I knew I had to go to their district, so it would give me a challenge and a good idea of sneaking gameplay 😂😂 I feel like the tense aspects make the game better for me as there is a real peril and you have to plot your way around.

I probably am 😆 I had a few good sessions where I got a lot done, I'm not really doing many contracts though, just stuff that rewards me with abilities etc, and as I play mostly RPGs I'm used to stacking quests in a way where I can do multiple in one trip to different areas.

I also haven't found that much to do in the space segments, maybe some stuff is passing me by from that, but I never seem to be there so haven't explored much with it. I went to maybe 2 space areas, one in main qiest and one side quest, and they were cool additions to the gameplay.

I'd say overall I much prefer the first planet and Tatooine, so maybe I rushed the middle two I did a little bit. I've only really just arrived on Tatooine, but it feels like it is everything I wanted from this game already; in tone, presentation, and style. Glad I saved it for last in a way.

[Edited by Ravix]

⚔️🛡🐎

KilloWertz

@Ravix I haven't really noticed difficulty spikes. The insta-fail stealth sections, something I thought was ok at first, have grown to be a bit annoying. Or the fact that other missions when you have to try to get into a building are similar and also have literally only one way to really do them easily, and the "backdoor" can sometimes be difficult to find.

In the end though, I'm still enjoying the game like I was originally. I do wish there was a bit more variety with the missions, as there's a lot of trying to get into buildings whether they are insta-fail stealth missions or just regular missions like I said above. That's my one legitimate complaint about the game. Anything else I mentioned was just an annoyance.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Ravix

Gonna plop thia comment here

@ApostateMage oh, I think she did a good enough job, and I actually think she has been directed to "lie badly" in those examples because it is a 'funnier trait' but it just doesn't make sense half the time. It's okay when she gets shut down, or when the other character takes note of it which I'm pretty sure does happen too. Qi'ra, for one knows she is bullsh**ing, it seemed that way from visiual clues reaction etc, and that is fine and makes sense. But a lot of the time it is when you are picking up information and need to lie a bit to have someone tell you, and it's just plain dumb 😅

Cheers. I have had a love hate relationship with the photo mode. Had to take a photo of my screen with my phone for that to not look yellow lol

[Edited by Ravix]

⚔️🛡🐎

JohnnyShoulder

@Ravix Wait, you mean to tell me you are not playing The Simspons game?!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic