Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 461 to 480 of 2,320

Rudy_Manchego

@Octane I can tell you right now, being locked down with young kids is hell. Obviously not as much hell as being really ill or being at risk but it is hard. Luckily my wife is a nursery teacher and great at at home activities or else I would have just locked myself in the toiler and cried.

On the bright side, Frozen 2 was released digitally today, so I can look forward to seeing that 14 times a day.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Rudy_Manchego

As to the forum, I think the whole point of this is to vent and explain how we are feeling, regardless. This is something no one has been through before - arguably the first instance since 1918 of something so virulent. I find it calming to hear you guys talk sense!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy Well that is how it seems to me. I don't expect everyone to to see it the same way. I wasn't telling you to stop, just asking to reign in a bit.

Stats are well and good, but can only tell so much of the story. Plus they can be twisted to suit a a certion point of view (and I'm not saying you were doing this).

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

themcnoisy

@nessisonett I skipped loads of uni and ended up with a 2:2. You want a better result if you can and knowing you from here, you are first class all the way.

@Jaz007 thanks bro. I will throw up the current stats in a minute!

@Rudy_Manchego How old are your kids Rudy? A good idea is to grab some old wallpaper rolls and make a boardgames on the back with them. Sounds a bit silly, but being a gamer you will have loads of ideas and your kids will love it. It passes 3-4 hours and you could make the next big hit.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

Country, Total Cases, Cases today, Deaths, Deaths Today, Recovered, Active Cases, Serious Active Cases.

China 80,866 +22 3,213 +14 67,762 9,891 3,226

I'm not sure what I make of these statistics. Sure the figures have come down in deaths and new cases. However the serious figure has been significant for a long period of time. China believe they have the answers. I'm not so sure. 22 cases, once China reopens for business can soon multiply into another uncontrollable amount.

CLOSED CASES

Cases which had an outcome:
77,786 (92%)
Recovered / Discharged

6,526 (8%)
Deaths

Shocking at face value. As we have discussed, the real known recovered numbers are at least double. Too many people are asymptomatic. Especially young people under 30.

S. Korea 8,236 +74 75 0 1,137 7,024 59

This is more like it. A death rate slightly north of 1%, contrasted with recovered cases. South Korea has drive through testing stations, these are real figures we can get behind.

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD I’m not saying no one will die but your suggestion that half a million young/healthy people will die is irrational and not based on any evidence.

I unfortunately do not consider myself completely healthy, so I would prefer not to get it, but I am under no illusions that the majority of the population including myself will get it at some stage.

[Edited by kyleforrester87]

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Octane

So are they going to lock up all the people aged 55+, and have them wait it out for a couple of weeks? Or what's the plan?

Octane

mookysam

@RogerRoger That's a nice idea. To my knowledge there's nothing like that here, but people should be looking out for eachother. Stories of supermarket shelves running bare and people hoarding baby formula preventing others from feeding their own infants is disturbing. People are selfish, but it seems there are still good folk who want to help others who need it. Anyhoo for today everything I ordered is there - it's just the stuff it wouldn't let me order because it was out of stock. πŸ™„

@kyleforrester87 Didn't the PM recently say they expect up to 500,000 people to die?

The British government's strategy has been heavily criticised by the WHO as well as leading doctors and scientists as not being evidence based. A cynical person would say they deliberately want that final nail in the NHS. They are certainly reluctant to spend money. Today it's been revealed that it's expect that all this will last another year - hopefully with a summer lull. Not sure what to think to be honest. People will get fed up and I wouldn't dismiss there being riots over food shortages or even the army being required to help maintain order.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Octane

@kyleforrester87 Perfect time for new elections I reckon.

No, but seriously, you can't expect them all to stay at home for 4+ months.

Octane

kyleforrester87

@mookysam Apparently a document says that it's a worst case scenario figure. It's really worrying that we don't have the equipment to look after people who are sickest, apparently we only have 5000 ventilators.

@Octane I dunno, if I could I'd stay at home, I'm only planning on going out to work and the shops for the foreseeable future.

kyleforrester87

themcnoisy

@KratosMD you have to understand that in the UK we are rubbish at everything bar the NHS, which is world class in both experience, quality and heads of department.

We know what coronavirus is now. We have studied it genome and how it operates. We know the people most at risk. We know the likely hood of its spread and speed. The uk has performed simulations and to save both people and the economy we need to go for herd immunity.

Every other country will do this wherever over the next few months or years. We are passed the point of lock downs, they are a plater / bandaid when we need major surgery.

Am I will to be infected. 100% as after recovering I can see my mum carte blanche. I will suffer for a few days but be fine going forward, the facts back that up.

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD With total respect I'd wager UK scientists are better informed than you or any of us, we do need to have a bit of faith in the experts with all of this.

kyleforrester87

Rudy_Manchego

@themcnoisy 3.5 and very nearly 8 so there is an age gap.

The oldest has been playing on her 2DS happily and we have done baking and so on. However, that sounds like a great idea actually. Will mention it to my wife as we have some lining paper I'll never use!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.