Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 501 to 520 of 2,320

JohnnyShoulder

@Jaz007 Mine too and it gets much worse in the cold weather.

You be amazed at how many people don't wash there hands after going to the toilet where I work. I'm in the next cubicle and at least once a day I hear the person next to me just walk out the toilet without washing their hands. And people wonder why I don't participate in stuff like buffets!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

CARBONFIBER

Stay calm.

TIME TO STAY HOME AND PLAY VIDEO GAMES PEOPLE!

CARBONFIBER

CARBONFIBER

If its all feeded in or imported from who.int then its right. If thats what you meant otherwise amazing SK doing so well. Gives hope for those of us outside of the other hotspots.

CARBONFIBER

kyleforrester87

It's sounding like we'll be working from home by the end of the week, can't see us getting through this without some redundancies unfortunately.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

nessisonett

@LN78 Yep, if my mum ends up being put on sick pay due to the virus, it’s not enough to pay rent, never mind utility bills. We don’t have any savings either so it’s not looking good. It would be nice for the government to make any actual statements about things instead of making dodgy dealings with the insurance firms.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

kyleforrester87

@LN78 We work for the landlords, and a lot of landlords can be great (which means the tenant gets a great experience working with the agent) but a lot of landlords can be terrible (which means the tenant gets a poor experience with the agent, which is unfortunate as it's out of our hands but we still take all the flak). If landlords are that bad or refuse to uphold minimum standards, and are actively damaging our reputation we'll dis-instruct ourselves as we won't operate outside of the law. And then many landlords are simply not as well off as tenants think, after costs they are regularly operating at a loss and are just holding out until they can offload the property.

That said, you can't evict a tenant until a certain level of arrears are built up (generally 2 months, but it's dependant on the frequency of your rent payments). If a landlord wants us to take action to evict once they pass that threshold, we have a contractual obligation to follow that instruction. I've had a few tenants in hospitality already telling me they can't pay the rent this month. It's simply down to the landlord to decide if they can live with this or not, and instruct us accordingly if the arrears get to the point where they are legally able to take action. But the reality is many landlords are relying on the rent month to month to pay the mortgage and other costs.

I had an eviction last month, everything was done at the earliest opportunity in terms of notices served etc. and the tenant still ended up leaving owing the landlord over £11k, with no hope of recovering that money. That's incredibly unfair in my opinion.

In my experience, tenants already have significant rights and a lot more security than some might suggest. I totally agree with regulation of the industry, but too regularly these policies are ill thought out people pleasers.

[Edited by kyleforrester87]

kyleforrester87

themcnoisy

Went shopping today for some basic larder stuff, Jam, Ryvita, Marmite, Beetroot etc and there are tons of old people mooching around.

I have seen various articles and reports about younger people being the main source of Coronavirus but it's clearly not. Old people are stupid af.

Anyway there's a ton of hoarding going on which is to be expected, everyone's expecting a lock down of sorts. I'm hoping work places stay open until Saturday the 28th ((likely of we keep a low key approach, very unlikely if screamers get their own way). Which means everyone gets paid in full for a months work. Making the lock down easier to manage.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Ralizah

lol

I've noticed old people seem to be the ones taking it least seriously in the States as well. Hell, in my own family, I've been trying and failing to convince my 70-year-old mother who struggles to breathe as is thanks to heart and lung issues that maybe skipping out on restaurants and theaters for a while wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

If younger people are the "main source" of it, then it's probably because they're more likely to be asymptomatic or only very lightly symptomatic.

Hell, I've had a sore throat and a mild cough, but I'd have no chance of getting a test right now. The people getting tests are those who are older and hospitalized or who are contacts of people who are known to have contracted it.

[Edited by Ralizah]

Currently Playing: Fields of Mistria (PC); Cookie Clicker (PC); Metaphor: ReFantazio demo (PC)

Ugh. Men.

PSN: Ralizah

Octane

@themcnoisy The hoarding is the worst. It wasn't as bad last week, but when I went yesterday, everything was empty. Like the apocalypse is happening. Seriously, why do people need this much food? Good thing is most hoarders are cheapskates, so was able to put together some dinner using the more fancy brands. I had to go to the greengrocer for my veggies though.

Octane

Ralizah

Even in my low population rural area, the local WalMart has been stripped bare. I feel like I've just wandered onto one of the sets they use for zombie movies.

Currently Playing: Fields of Mistria (PC); Cookie Clicker (PC); Metaphor: ReFantazio demo (PC)

Ugh. Men.

RR529

I work at a little non-profit in-home health oufit (if an elderly or disabled person wants to live at home, and just needs a little help, we arrange for them to have an attendant who works for them around the house. Usually it's a friend or relative who they know.), and they're starting to put restrictions in place.

Unless it's an emergency, all contacts must be via phone (even if someone walks in just looking for info about services, we have to ask them to leave and call back), and most paperwork must be turned into an outside drop box rather than turned in in-person or in the inside drop box (which has been removed).

Unfortunately, if someone is filling out/turning in an application to work for someone, that still has to be turned in in-person (they don't have it set up online, and we can't accept it unless someone looks it over to make sure everything is filled out right, and makes copies of the person's ID's to go with it), and I'm the person that has to do so.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

kyleforrester87

@Octane Haha yes, I was at the supermarket on the weekend and all the pasta was gone except for the expensive brand. They had absolutely loads of that. But even then it was only like £1.80 for a pack so...

kyleforrester87

Octane

@kyleforrester87 Only De Cecco pasta was available, but that's what I usually buy anyway, so I'll survive this zombie apocalypse.

Apparently people even line up in front of the supermarket in the morning.

But I wonder, this will stop eventually right? At some point all those hoarders have more than enough food to last a year. So they'll stop buying food, right?

Octane

themcnoisy

@Ralizah It's not that bad here yet. I've also heard there has been a surge in gun sales over the Atlantic.

They gonna eat the bullets?

@Octane or the company knows you will buy the expensive brand as a last resort.

Food for thought.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Ralizah

@themcnoisy How else are we supposed to defend our stockpiles of toilet paper and hand sanitizer from raiders?

Ugh. Men.

Ryall

Sounds like work is going to dry for me in about six weeks or so. We still going to existing appointments but not making any new ones .

We’ve already stopped all warrant work. So no more breaking into houses of people who haven’t paid for the electric and fitting prepayment meters.

The will still be some emergency work after that. But certainly not enough to keep everyone busy.

Ryall

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.