Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 521 to 540 of 2,320

themcnoisy

@Octane 'Good thing is most hoarders are cheapskates, so was able to put together some dinner using the more fancy brands.'

I was playing devils advocate. Rofl.

Just in case anyone's worried that Covid 19 was produced in a lab here's a great report (get your dictionary ready);

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

nessisonett

And that’s the marches/Orange Walk been officially cancelled in Glasgow due to coronavirus. Well there’s at least one good thing coming out of all this 😂😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 My landlord agent put up a very nice and thorough notice about the coronavirus on the front door in the block flats where I live. It detailed what they are doing (cleaning the doors every day, etc), and what the tenants should be doing (washing their hands regularly etc. He also offered to help anyone that needed anything like a grocery shop if they are unable to do so, which I thought was very good of him.

There was also a small part about respecting other tenants (there has been loud music at unsociable hours) and not be abusive towards each other (I think one tenant threatened another when challenged about something). Because of this some selfish person has ripped off the notice!

I do wonder with some people. Someone does a good deed trying to help others, only for someone else to do that.

[Edited by antdickens]

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

kyleforrester87

@JohnnyShoulder I’m sure you meant selfish twit 😉 but yeah, it’s such a weird industry to be involved in and you’re stuck in the middle upsetting one side to keep the other happy, you simply can’t win - thick skin (and sense of humour) required!!

[Edited by kyleforrester87]

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

jdv95

yeah this year sucks already.

got to wonder though,the virus will for sure affect upcoming game sales.

many countries are going into lockdown with only essential shops staying open so gameshops close for about 2/3 weeks atleast.

this will hurt sales for major games such as FF7 and RE3 well atleast hard copies.
digital market will boom in the next couple of months for sure.

i hope that gameshops can survive the digital influx.
altough you can still order games from those shops online and get them sended to you via post so it might not be that impactfull?

jdv95

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 No, I meant what I said lol.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Gremio108

Well it would seem I'm effectively out of a job for the foreseeable future. My position will still be there when I get back but I don't know when that will be so I'm job hunting as of now. Well, as of yesterday actually.

That PS5 isn't going to pay for itself...

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

kyleforrester87

@Gremio108 very sorry to hear that man, what is it you do? It does seem a bit premature all this laying people off, since there may be financial cover available for firms.

kyleforrester87

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 Bring on the ban hammer.

@Gremio108 Good luck job hunting and hope it works out for yoi.

Turns out my parents were still going about like nothing has happened. They are both 73 and my mum has asthma. Had some stern words to say to them last night.

[Edited by JohnnyShoulder]

Gremio108

@kyleforrester87 @JohnnyShoulder Cheers guys. I work backstage in a theatre, looking after the cast and crew and what have you, but with no shows on the horizon there's not much way I can work from home. Discussions are still going on, so there might yet be some sort of pay or compensation available, but I can't wait around for that, I've got two kids.

Fortunately I've still got a couple of weeks holiday pay which I'm entitled to and which need using up. That'll give me some time to find something.

[Edited by Gremio108]

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

kyleforrester87

@Gremio108 Honestly, i always thought you'd have done something a lot more boring, like me :')

That really sucks though, but as grim as things look this is hopefully going to be a short term hard squeeze before things steadily improve..

kyleforrester87

themcnoisy

@Gremio108 sorry bro. The issues with coronavirus for anyone healthy and under 60 are exactly this. Sorry its happened to one of the nicest lads on here!

If you fancy selling cars Grem let me know. Although we are based on the outskirts of Liverpool. You can run the text chat service!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

kyleforrester87

Had 6-7 tenants contact me today saying they will struggle to pay rent etc - it's going to be fun at the end of the month!

kyleforrester87

Rudy_Manchego

@Gremio108 Hey - sorry to hear that and hope something can be worked out.

@JohnnyShoulder My parents are the same - they live 4 hours drive away and we have been talking to them more and they went out for a nice day in a small town and went shopping and to a cafe etc. My dad is in an incredibly high risk group. They werent fussed when I told them off. Then I asked if they had a will and if I was the sole recipient and THEN they got annoyed. Weird.

@kyleforrester87 Do you work for a housing association or private firm. Just wondered as I do a lot of IT work with social housing.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

kyleforrester87

@LN78 yeah interested to hear what they can actually do. Since mortgage relief doesn’t cover buy to let’s, any relief they give to tenants can only hurt landlords. So would the government really step in and pay rent for tenants? And how open to abuse could that be?

Interest free loans, me thinks.

kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

@LN78 protection from eviction apparently, interesting to see how that’s implemented. Something does need to be done for renters but I’m not sure opening up the possibility of them to just stop paying rent is the way to go. Still, these are tough times.

kyleforrester87

Ralizah

I'm glad my family owns our home. Even if things go full apocalyptic and everything crashes and burns, we'll still have a place to sleep, at least.

Currently Playing: Fields of Mistria (PC); Cookie Clicker (PC); Metaphor: ReFantazio demo (PC)

Ugh. Men.

PSN: Ralizah

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.