Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 581 to 600 of 2,320

Octane

@KratosMD Remember talking about closing schools? Well our government decided to close down schools this week. And now there's a group of 60-80 kids hanging around on the football field across my building. All around the city I see groups of kids and teenagers roaming the streets. I don't think this is any better unfortunately...

Octane

Octane

And the elderly, en masse at the supermarkets. I mean, I'm not in the risk group, what are you even doing there? No sign of concern, taking their time, talking to everyone.

Octane

RR529

Anyone still importing any items from overseas (such as games) with this going on?

Today I recieved some sort of anime branded phone case from Japan that I won on Toreba a little over a week ago, and I know it's probably irrational (especially considering my country probably has more cases at this point, though seemingly not as bad yet in the middle of the country where I am), but after opening it I'm a bit nervous.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Jaz007

@RR529 Just wipe it off or quarantine it for a few weeks and then use it.

Jaz007

themcnoisy

@LaJettatura 'the UK made international news for assaulting Asian People due to COVID-19's possible origin'

Or rather a few bonehead racists decided to beat up east Asians. Its not much better but let's not throw the UK and its 65 million population in with a handful of soon to be jailed numbskulls.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Jaz007

@themcnoisy Yeah, those kinda people exist everywhere. It just happened to be in the UK and there’s luelly nothing that could have been to prevent those idiots from acting out like that.

Jaz007

themcnoisy

@Octane It's most likely a bat coronavirus mutated to hit humans. I posted a brilliant independent report a day or two ago.

themcnoisy

@Jaz007 The uk is too lenient on scum to be honest. Far too lenient.

nessisonett

@Jaz007 Wish we could just wipe off humans. Like a car wash but for humans. On an aside, there’s been reports of stockpiling weed. Might be the answer.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

@RR529 I doubt the virus would survive the trip, even if it was on your package.

Currently Playing: Fields of Mistria (PC); Cookie Clicker (PC); Metaphor: ReFantazio demo (PC)

Ugh. Men.

PSN: Ralizah

WiiWareWave

Jesus several Corona Virus survivors here in the US have been murdered and police believe it was because people were fearful they could still spread the virus...

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

andreoni79

@Octane That is exactly what happened here in Italy days ago and now you can't leave your home without demonstrating to the police your needs. If you have no real reason to leave home, you get a fine and a criminal complaint.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Octane

@RR529 Don't worry, the virus can't survive on its own. Your package is safe.

@themcnoisy Probably, but it's expected that there was an intermediate host. So definitely a combination of factors.

@andreoni79 I'm already pretty much locked up in my apartment. The measures have been extended at uni until somewhere in May. I don't know how much longer this can last like this TBH. Some say it's coming back later this year. I wonder, what if it does? Or if a similar virus crops up next year? We can't lock up most of the word for three months straight every year.

Octane

themcnoisy

@TowaHerschel7 have you got a source for that Rukky?

themcnoisy

@Octane exactly mate. We are putting everyone into lock down when the at risk group are predominantly 70 plus. Political correctness goes out of the window here, especially as they are Still mingling in cafes and supermarkets. People in the 'should be fine' group are having their liberties taken away which millions of people died for already! By 76 year old Bob with his warped spine, bad hips, tachycardic heart and a penchant for fisherman's friends.

They are asking for it. My mum is safely away, my father in law with diabetes won't see daylight for the next 3 months. What makes Gladys with her purple rinse and push trolley so special?

They need to stay at home and let the fit and healthy lead a normal life.

Had a weird conversation today with a child minder and school teacher. Selfishness off the scale. Talking about key workers and they were both like, nope we should all be off we can manage. Absolutely ridiculous.

This issue is opening my eyes more and more to what people are really like.

Octane

@themcnoisy Most of my friends are super cautious, to the point where they suggested not meeting for the coming weeks. But it's the boomers and the grannies that ignore every safety measure, all the parents that let their children play outside and roam the streets that are probably the main cause of the spread at the moment.

Octane

andreoni79

Italian hospitals are collapsing because of Covid-19. My hometown has a population of only 40.000 but there's already a field hospital near the main one now. In north Italy the army had to move to other cities the coffins of the victims because the morgues are full and we are having more dead then China.
I really hope the rest of Europe and the Usa won't underestimate the problem. And no one knows what will happen when it will spread in Africa, India and Russia...

[Edited by andreoni79]

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

R1spam

@andreoni79 stay safe and thoughts to you and your family! I work in healthcare in uk, staggering lack of concern from some. When this takes off, it will be horrific.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

Ryall

@RR529 @Octane Our COVID-19 returns process for material that is potentially exposed is to store it for 72 hours. After that time the virus should be dead.

Ryall

Octane

@Ryall A bit excessive, but it'll do the job

Octane

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.