Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 621 to 640 of 2,320

Thrillho

For me, things haven’t changed too much locally. I’ve been on leave the last few days and if anything there have been more people out and about.

We’ve only been out for food and to walk the dog. Food shopping has been chaos. Walking the dog has been fine as the woods we go to are so big you can easily not run into someone else.

I’ve also been out for a run as I figure keeping fitness up will be important for what’s coming. Looking at getting one of those turbo trainers to use my bike indoors but don’t know if I can get a tyre for my bike as it’s a hybrid.

Back to work at the hospital next week which won’t be fun as loads of people are on leave (all leave has to be used by the end of March).

Thrillho

andreoni79

@Thrillho What you say was allowed here until yesterday. One was free to do some sport or walk the dog unless alone and respecting the 1,5 distance between each other. From today, because of few running and biking in groups or gathering in dog's areas, one can only walk within a range of 200 meters from his home.

[Edited by andreoni79]

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Gremio108

@andreoni79 Yeah, I'm worried about the after-effects for a lot of businesses. We need this virus beat before the summer starts, and hopefully the tourism industries across Europe can have a good summer. People are going to want to get out and about as soon as they're allowed to, so hopefully there will be a bit of a tourism boom. But who knows?

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy You too, Foxy! We're treating this pretty seriously and have effectively limited the number of ways we might get infected (closed work to foot traffic and only take in computers via appointment now; are limiting shopping trips to once a week; have canceled all of our usual outings), so we'd have to be very unlucky to get smacked with it.

My mother does have to go to a hospital that is explicitly dealing with some suspected cases next week, though. Not happy about that.

Currently Playing: Fields of Mistria (PC); Cookie Clicker (PC); Metaphor: ReFantazio demo (PC)

Ugh. Men.

PSN: Ralizah

kyleforrester87

@Gremio108 Doesnt look like it'll be beat any time soon, but hopefully it eases enough in 3 months to let people get closer to normal again. But then it might all kick off again, though hopefully not as strongly. And then rinse and repeat for a year or two lol

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

HallowMoonshadow

Gremio108 wrote:

I'm now on my first day proper of isolation with the family. Already this morning has felt like a month, it's basically just running around the house diffusing arguments.

Oh dear @Gremio108... I hope things have gone a little more smoothly for ya this afternoon!

That's good to hear @Ralizah (Apart from that hospital bit of course with your mom... I'll cross my fingers and toes for her to be alright!)

We're ok over here in the Foxy household. Got a good amount of supplies.

People have been clearing out the supermarkets left, right and centre (Though my daughter managed to get some stuff for us (and especially my mom))... luckily the little corner shop just down the road from us had pretty much everything we really needed at the moment.

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

We’ve somehow managed to get more food in the local wee shop than in Aldi, where the shelves were emptied. My mum’s still having to go to work at Paperchase, who are refusing to close their shops despite the fact it isn’t essential goods. And yet she found out through the company’s Instagram that they’re staying open even though almost every other store in Glasgow has shut. It’s genuinely ridiculous that they’re forcing the staff to come in so they can sell stationary and diaries to grannies refusing to stay at home.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 Oh don’t get me wrong, I’m only touching the branded stuff, the last thing I want is the runs 😂😂

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 Oof, that flew over my head.

Rudy_Manchego

@RogerRoger Sorry man, missed this and hope you are doing well! Good luck.

@Gremio108 It gets easier with the kids once they get used to it. We have done Skype with their friends and that uses up an hour or so a day! We also do an hour of technology a day and then to try and do stuff or play in garden.

@Ralizah Best of luck with your ma and her hospital trip. My dad is in a similar situation.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Gremio108

Day One of isolation. Following a fraught morning involving the kids arguing, we managed to settle into a groove. I ventured to the shop and bought a loaf of bread for my elderly neighbours. It was going okay.

Then, while we were making dinner/tea (Delete as appropriate) my wife came into the room saying "Help, I think I'm on fire!" She turned around and, lo and behold, she was very much on fire. The kids start screaming and she's now running around the place like a Dark Souls boss with flames all up her back. Our house had turned into a real-life version of The Sims. I shouted at her to go outside where I started hitting the flames until they're out, almost setting myself alight in the process. This was followed by a twenty-minute period of me holding a lukewarm shower over her while I directed my eldest son in making sure the dinner didn't end up as overdone as my wife.

This isolation lark is going to be more dangerous than I thought. Stay safe everybody!

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Thrillho

@Gremio108 Bloody hell, I probably shouldn’t laugh at that but the “I think I might be on fire” is a wonderfully British response. I hope she’s doing alright now!

We’re going to go to the beach with the dog tomorrow as who knows when we will next be able to venture that far (it’s only 20mins in the car). I’ve seen some horrible stats about how we have the same number of deaths in the UK as Italy did two weeks ago. Just gearing myself up for the next week of work which feels like it will be a descent into chaos.

Thrillho

Jaz007

@Gremio108 Hahahahaha, that was brilliant. Great parody of isolation. Oh, that made my day.

Jaz007

RR529

My city just announced a "stay at home" order that goes in effect Monday night. I don't think there's been any cases in our county yet (and only about 30 in the state), so they're trying to get out ahead of it, which is good.

I believe everyone in our household works in "necessary" jobs though, so we'll have to see how it affects us. I work as a receptionist at an independent living center, my brother at Burger King (as a restaurant it might be open, but they're already drive through & delivery only), my mother at a local grocery store (she works in the deli though, so hopefully that limits her exposure to people somewhat), and my father works for the billing department of the hospital (though in an office setting in a building in a different part of town than the hospital itself).

I'm mostly worried about the fact that I have to take a cab to work on most days, and you never know who was in it before.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

themcnoisy

@Gremio108 hope she's OK now bro.

So coronavirus has ratcheted up somewhat now and it looks like our company plans are going to hit the skids. Maybe 2 or 3 days at most and we will all go into isolation. Probably ordered to early next week.

Crazy, surreal and mind boggling. Good luck everyone. Stay out of trouble, stay home and stay alive. None of you are allowed to die. Let's all agree on keeping that promise.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.