Forums

Topic: The Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Posts 221 to 231 of 231

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@HallowMoonshadow Playing through it as well myself, as Leon, really enjoying it, had a few jump-scare style moments in the game myself. Dispatched two lickers myself so far, albeit at an earlier stage of the game. Loving the graphical update. Played and loved most of the og RE games too.

"I think the best art doesn’t preach the truth, but encourages viewers to discover what truth is on their own." - Shinique Smith

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

HallowMoonshadow

Had taken a bit of a break from it the past week or so but I'm gonna start it up again later @BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN.

Where are you in it?

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@HallowMoonshadow I've taken a break for the past few days as well. Just done the first part of the Parking Garage and now heading to the Clocktower.

"I think the best art doesn’t preach the truth, but encourages viewers to discover what truth is on their own." - Shinique Smith

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Jimmer-jammer @Th3solution I've made significant progress with the game, since the last time we spoke and am about to encounter Mr. X/Tyrant for the first time. Any tips on how to deal with him for the rest of the game? I must be more than halfway through now surely? Apparently he only appears like three more times after that for Leon's A Scenario. Almost at the Sewers I believe. I think ,from what I've heard, that that level comes up shortly after your first encounter with that Arnie of a zombie.

Edit: Did a bit more research, think after I have left the Parking Garage for the second time I will be about halfway through the game and heading to the next area.

[Edited by BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN]

Jimmer-jammer

@BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN Nicely done! Quite the anxiety inducing presence, that fellow. Recommendations? I like to imagine he’s just a friendly old oaf in need of a hug. Of course, I also recommend pretending that Leon is suffering from acute onset haphephobia and hypochondria since, friendly as he may be, Mr. X obviously doesn’t wash his hands after he poops. Regardless, RUN!!!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Th3solution

@BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN Yeah, not much to add from what’s been said. Namely, “Run!” 😂

I’m getting RE2 and RE3 confused in my mind also. But the advice of running like crazy does apply, either way. Although I think there’s times when you have to shoot him and stun him sufficiently so you have the room and time to run past him. I can’t remember.

I hope you’re still enjoying it. So you think you’ll jump straight into RE4 or will you take a break from the series first? I think I’m going to start RE4 sometime over the next 2 months, probably will time it around Halloween. We may end up playing it at the same time.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Th3solution So yeah, I will be playing RE4 REmake after RE2 REmake, so we might end up playing at the same time, indeed. Hopefully it will be more my cup of tea than RE2 REmake, which, fantastic as it is, isn't as close to the Uncharted series' gunplay, which I favour slightly over the grotesque/claustrophobic setting/atmosphere of RE2. (I found the og version of RE4 easier than og RE2 ) - so that's probably the real main reason I think I'll have a better time with it. I have loved elements of RE2 so far though, so hopefully with my op weaponry the final boss fights will be a blast!

Yousef-

@BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN jumping straight 4? That’s definitely a choice. But it’s not one I can fault. I don’t quite blame it however. While 3 was not bad by any means, it’s unfortunately merely a glorified expansion that brings its own set of issues that makes me wonder if it was playtested at all. 4RE on the other hand is a component full fledged adventure all-around, with the only thing working against it is series stagnation but your mileage may vary on that one.

CLICK FOR PUSH SQUARE CLUB TITLE LIST VOTES, JOIN US!
We are playing ⚔️ Child of Light. ⚔️

HallowMoonshadow

Ahh you were only a little bit ahead of me when I asked then @BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN.

I'm now dealing with Mr X myself and getting the parts.

I... May've wasted all my flame grenade rounds trying to stop him for a little bit. He's so much more ominous then the original where you only had to deal with him on the second playthrough/B route!

[Edited by HallowMoonshadow]

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

@HallowMoonshadow When I played the original way back, I never encountered Mr X, so had no idea what people were referring to when the remake came out!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic